And the issues continue - ESC?

They may have done nothing at all to it I suppose… assuming that you would… :slight_smile:

Thats not good if thats true, most people will just fit an fc, configure it and go flying. Should at least apply the custom defaults at the factory surely?! :man_facepalming:t3:

hah very unlikely you wouldn’t connect an FC you’ve bought to put in your own drone to BF and maybe know what you’re doing hey?! I spent the whole weekend conformal coating, soldering, cleaning then f’inf with buzzers to get that far! Whats the bet that applying custom defaults fixes the buzzer out the box too… That’ll be houts of my life and 10s of minutes of your guys life back… APPLY CUSTOM DEFAULTS as Mr. bardwell says on any video on the subject, and I’ve watched 100 times…

NEED SLEEP… WORK…

But… do you actually understand what they are? of course you do :slight_smile:

Youve already conformal coated your electronics before setting it up and testing it works? :exploding_head: lol

Yes I know iknow… I know… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I actually had tested every part other than Buzzer when coated it… and then resoldered buzzer pads after, ergh… Silly boy…

you should see the mess around the buzzer re soldering that wasn’t needed due to it being a config issue that probably would have been sorted by applying custom defaults it’s dawning on me…

Next question… Can you submerge an FC in isop and scrub lightly with a brush to remove any conformal coating you may have applied?

Ok I was rushing and not thinking and tired… but tbh I think electronically it’s ok now just the PID/tune needing defaults. I should just flash it and be done with it

Ive not conformal coated myself but Ive read that a toothbrush with ipa works well to remove it but as you say youll probably be ok electronically. No point in removing it if you dont need to. Reflash it and give it a go :+1:t2:

Generally you just burn through with an iron, solder and flux where you need to.

I’ve usually coated after all soldering is done though.

1 Like

Yeah I thought i was all done, had tested, ERLS, VTX, GPS< just not the buzzer… As knew buzzer worked. Coated it, left to dry overnight… Put all together, buzzer didn’t work and read back to Weekend to see that fun. Didn’t need to re solder it. I used a bit of alcohol on it, and did solder through, etc. It’s OK. Re coated it again on that bit.

Only reason wanted to conformal as I think it’s dust and grit that killed the F7 that was in this quad before, from chesterfield bando, and didn’t want this FC to go the same way! First time done it. All my quads in bits ready for their coating…

Yeah that place has killed some of my stuff as well.

Gotta keep off that horrific dirty floor!

So turtling for ages in the left building covered in dust and crap isn’t recommended? no? No… lol

Is it iron/rust dust at the bando?

And… There were 2 e-scooters there for collecting our drones… lazy geht caused me all these issues :wink:

Yeah I believe metallic dust.

It’s a great location to fly though. Will be back soon :wink:

1 Like

Oh yes… the lovely magnetic stuff.

Several motors of mine have been well gummed up.

1 Like

Was doing roof dives through the sky lights… Never hit the roof, just the floor :smiley:

1 Like

Well got back at 22:30 and had a productive hour or so flashed 4.3 RC6, APPLIED DEFAULTS. Set up most of it, bit more to go… but…

Way better, no over heat and weird noises, sounds good. Have to reprint a few bits to mount GPS properly, and stuff. And moved the buzzer (which the defaults had configured right, what a nana…)

Only thing weird I’ve noticed so far is the following…

Where’s Stage 1?! Anyone help me with that?!

Didn’t they re-write the gps failsafe? I’m happy that you are willing to test for our community :+1: :grin:

Stage 1 failsafe doesn’t do much. It just triggers the stuff on the left. If it lasts more than the designated time then stage 2 is triggered thats the RTH stuff, etc.

I think that drop down just determines which failsafe stage is triggered when you switch your failsafe mode on through an aux switch. Its only really for testing purposes.

Bf 4.3 has not changed the failsafe stuff much…

I dont use GPS failsafe. Don’t trust it, tbh never really played with the FS settings. Might have a go tomorrow at drone circle. Oh yes PEOPLE come to drone circle! £5 for the day, think they got a BBQ tomorrow :slight_smile:

I watched the new bardwell video 2/3 days ago on 4.3 failsafe, and yeah should have known that and checked. I wasn’t “setting” up FS at the time, just going through bits and bobs quickly, so yeah the screens right, lol. Was tired. heh

Thanks guys. Right me newly better designed 3d printed back end is ready to go, so I may try a hover test in next half hour!!