Another drone flyer on the way to court

They are gunning for as much as the can,
Drone over a football match
VLOS
Not registered
No ID on drone
And 14 more

These include nine charges of flying a drone above 120m (394ft) and five charges of flying a drone beyond visual line of sight, relating to alleged incidents in Chesterfield, Unstone, Ashbourne, and Sudbury.

2 Likes

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes…

3 Likes

1 Like

They’re not gunning for “us” @Gham
They’re gunning for the idiots that dont even attempt to comply with any of the rules. The idiots that are going to end up bringing in even more legislation to curtail our hobby. The idiots that make the general public believe we’re all up to no good. I’m quite happy for the powers that be to fine as many of these idiots as they can.
I actualy think EVERY drone sold in the UK, that requires an Op id, should have these requirements printed in the instruction manual and on the outer box, with links to the relevant laws. Maybe even proof of name and address tied in with drone serial number at point of purchase? Thats maybe taking it a little far, but the time is coming where the people who do right are fucked up by the idiots that don’t care less.

12 Likes

no it’s not…remember when you bought a TV ?

4 Likes

Aye, I do. And shortly cats have to be microchipped too. Shoot the fuckers I say. Only kidding, I have two. Cats that is, not drones, don’t shoot drones.
At least then it would maybe make the fucktards think twice. I still have a mate who hasn’t got an op id, flies wherever he likes whenever he likes. Even inside MOD FRZ. I’ve tried to educate him, but until he gets accosted by the MPs he wont listen.

1 Like

Totally agree! Hope he gets what he deserves.

2 Likes

If they were, they’d be all over youtube

1 Like

And kicking my doors in to get to my playroom :crazy_face:

1 Like

And let he is without sin cast the first drone ;o)

1 Like

You had to give your name and address when you bought a new video player too just so the TV licence team could check you had licence. :grin:

Correction on my grammar :joy:
Gunning for, the police will throw the book and kitchen sink at him.
Not the rest of us.

3 Likes

We still talking about drones here, Nidge? :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I wonder if this betting related? Wasnt there a M300 that fell out the sky near a race course a year or two ago and it was being used illegally to enable betting fraud? And footie has had episodes of betting fraud attempts over years.

If the photo in the article is the actual drone involved rather than a library pic it would make sense… and also explain the amount of charges. And perhaps it was a result of a long covert operation?

Yes i am speculating but the circumstances make me think this is a possible explanation.

GC

How do these people get caught? I would’ve thought you’d be quite a distance away for this kind of illegal activity.

Serves him right. Honestly, it’s idiots like him that get honest flyers a bad name. Tarred with the same brush so to speak. I hope they throw the book at him.

Easy, police will look at previous drone footage and also flight logs. Brother in law used to do computer forensics some years ago and told me, you can’t hide nothing, unless you destroy all electronic evidence, even down to chip level. :wink::wink:

Perhaps make buying a drone a bit like buying a gun, you have to register when bought and before you buy proof of flyer/op ID etc, which I don’t see as a problem if you are doing things properly?

2 Likes

just watched the geeksvana video on this subject and the police have taken out the 14 other charges?

How would that work when buying online from Very and Amazon, or high street retailers like Currys and Argos? :thinking: