Antenna Tracker Build Thread

I’m looking forward to seeing this work, it’s getting my interest up on revisiting my abandoned projects.

I’m going to try mavlink full instead of this emulation

1 Like

@Sparkyws What board did you use in board manager? I get garbage in the serial monitor

Is the baud rate set at 115200?

Bingo. Cheers

1 Like

Karl can you post your serial monitor text, just the first 20 lines or so

3 Likes

I’m getting good altitude telemetry through the serial monitor from both the tracker compass and the drone compass. But it doesn’t seem to be displaying on the screen correctly.
I’m going to try just the mag with a “set home” button installed.

2 Likes

With just the mag activated, It now picks up the altitude. Still doesn’t seem right though so I need to test in an open field.

I’ve now disabled the mag and gps for the simplest form of tracking and it seems to work well now. Hopefully test today and redesign the parts for 180 tilt.

1 Like

I roped @Steviegeek in for a test today while he was picking up some parts. And FINALLY my tracker works!

3 Likes

Excellent seems to be working fine

1 Like

This is more or less finished now. I tried to put a magnetometer on it so the tracker knew its heading. But it didn’t work.
The best way I’ve found is to set it up so that it uses the drones gps 10 meters away to calculate its own heading.
Full 180 pan and tilt modded. I’ll test it properly in the week when a new mini hdmi to mini hdmi turns up.

4 Likes

Ive found your next project Karl :wink:

1 Like

Should work well with a couple of pulse jets of it

The glow of that engine :star_struck: maybe thats what the ‘Snail’ could do with :thinking: :laughing:

1 Like

Your project looks quite nice. I am using a crossfire v2 module on inav 6.1, tx16s. With the wifi connection of the module, I can receive telemetry via UDP or TCP and view the values on MissionPlanner. I tried to install an antenna tracker on misssionplanner with an old APM 2.8, but I could not make any progress. While I was researching the subject, I saw your project and said, finally, someone came out and explained what they did. What is the current status of the project? Are you satisfied with the results?
If you are happy, I want to do this project too.