Anybody familiar with Portsmouth?

Many years ago I worked on cruise ships. One of my old ships is in Portsmouth tomorrow. Is there a sensible place to fly from to get some pics. I don’t know the area well enough to use NATS.

Hi Lee. Is it a ship already docked or one due in? That may have a bearing on where you want to be for best viewing. I’m a member of Hampshire Drones on Facebook - you might want to try there as wll - I’ve aked the question for you to get things moving :slight_smile:

Great thanks. She’s actually due in on Friday morning rather than tomorrow. I was assuming that the pier area would be too close to the naval sites so is probably out. Ideally I would have liked a couple of “at sea” shots so the link from Ozonevibe would work, but if I could get a shot at the pier too that would be great.

Selection_529

If the ship is entering in daylight, there are excellent points along Southsea that give good access.

Probably from where Richard flew for these excellent shots …

1 Like

chrome_PjjM4MtT2n

2 Likes

That’s great, thanks!

1 Like

Ah, I got here too late to help. Gilkicker point is where I flew from in Gosport

1 Like

Not too late! Time and circumstance have stopped me. She’s in again a few times over the next couple of weeks

2 Likes