Anyone know anything about this - AMAZON £89: VANKYO MatrixPad S8 Tablet

AMAZON £89: VANKYO MatrixPad S8 Tablet, Android 9.0 Pie Tablet 8 inch, 1280x800 IPS Display, 32GB ROM, 2GB RAM, 5MP Rear Camera, Wi-Fi, GPS, BT4.2, FM, OTG, GMS-Certified

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VANKYO-MatrixPad-S8-1280x800-GMS-Certified/dp/B082DZBRM7

What do you need to know?

1 Like

If the specs are suitable for a drone (Non DJI)…is it any good? (or rather would it be any good)…

That would depend on the requirements of the non-DJI drone.

All I have at the moment

Camera Drone With 3 Axis Gimbal Professional 4K HD Drones GPS WiFi FPV RC Quadcopter Smartphone WIFI Receiving method:5G WIFI

Remote Receiving method:2.4Ghz

Bought one. Tried it. Returned it. Nuff said.

2 Likes

These are so slow. I bought my wife one, but after 6 months she could not take the speed any more so I bought a decent one.

Thanks all for input…The search continues!!

I bought one but it was only 32 bit, you need 64 bit for the drone. I ended up buying a Samsung tablet, cost more but worth it.

In all honesty, you will be far better off buying a fairly used iPad or Samsung galaxy Tab or Lenovo tablet. Make sure whatever tablet you buy has at least 3GB RAM or preferably more. And a Snapdragon processor will perform better than most others, a Kirin processor is okay, but you’ll need to have 4gb RAM for decent performance.

Thank you all for advice…I will check out those tablets recommended…

Read some of the more recent posts in this thread too: Best tablet

:+1:

I have found that outside of the big names (Ipad, Samsung, Huawei etc)
The cheaper tablets rarely have the capacity for anything other than basic operations like Google and the occasional YT vid.

We have tried a few. We currently have 3 Ipad pro, 2 amazon fires and 3 really cheap ones who’s name escapes me (I think 1 is a Gigaset), the ipads are the 10 inch so too big (in my opinion) and the Amazon fires are not worth a carrot (again my opinion) and the other 3 have sat in the dark recesses of a cupboard somewhere and even the kids don’t touch them and subsequently its only the Ipads that get used as the others are frustratingly slow.

I have wanted a dedicated tablet for droning however you get what you pay for and I cannot justify spending the money on one to sit in the pelicase and get used 2-3 times a month :man_shrugging: if I do move into commercial work I would look to purchase one then.

For just running the Amazon apps (which is all they are really designed for), SKYGO, and all the little media players, bang for buck they are the best at what they do.

As you say, iPad Pro all the way if you want the best you can get.

1 Like

When I returned the Yankyo, I got a Fire 8 whatever perfect for the WhatsApp/ebook/browsing it was intended for. Much better build quality than the cheapies, you need to know the market your buying into. Ipad/Samsung Tab expensive but if that’s what you need/ want perfect for the job.

Fire tablet isn’t mine, I hasten to add. got me a Samsung!!

I hated the iPad as hard to see in any weather so someone suggested the Nexus 7 2013 2nd generation on another forum years ago and the screen brightness was fantastic could see in all weathers no thinking of sunshades anymore.

Still does not fail on the Mavic pro, it has 2gb ram like most iPads upto 4, being android do alot more with

eBay really are cheap and for £20 to £40 where can you go wrong if your not happy.