Anyone tried the Polar Pro Katana tray?

Has anyone tried the polar pro katana for handholding a mavic? If so what results have you got?

Thanks ronidog

1 Like

I had to google that to see what it was :blush:

https://www.polarprofilters.com/products/katana

2 Likes

Thanksfor putting the description up. Sometimes I get carried away in my research and think every one knows what I am talking about. :grinning:

2 Likes

Do you have access to a 3D printer?
If you do.

2 Likes

Thanks, I might just try that (when the pennies in my account recover from over use :open_mouth:).

Thanks mementomori. Unfortunatly I dont have access to a 3d printer.

Some good ideas there, but it seems you need to have a certain phone.

Just received today quite like it in addition to Osmo 3
Fitted Mini4 too

4 Likes

Don’t forget to let go of the handles if you suffer a fly-away! :+1::wink:

3 Likes

Chocks away lol, the packaging from polar pro is amazing and this bit of kit is worth A try , I think you mentioned elsewhere it’s all in the same format then :+1:

1 Like

yep i have one and have used a few times, the vid below includes footage from using it, the bedroom pans are handheld on the katana.
just got to watch the leds on arms when folded

1 Like

On the MP you can turn the LEDs off. Can you not on the M2P?

Nope. The M2P does fit in the Katana with the rear arms (which show to the front when folded) extended. Still waiting for my wife to sew me up a couple of little bags to pop over them to hide the LEDs.

2 Likes

I’d realised it was the rear arms folding forward when in the Katana but yeah, on double checking, it’s only the front LEDs that can be turned off on the MP.

That’s what a couple of strips of black insulation tape are for. :wink:

I’m thinking there may be a market here for the drone equivalent of falconry hoods :wink:

You would have to go the whole hog (or falcon).

1 Like

Insulation tape in the meantime

Well, I’ve just been presented with these lovely things. Two double-lined bags that quickly slip over the motors and block out all the light from the LEDs. Happy days! :slight_smile:

Now to perfect that walk… :wink:

4 Likes

Top marks to wifey :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Excellent video @lee I can only aspire to do one that well :+1:

1 Like

how much is she selling them for Joe

1 Like