Anything brighter than Strobon CREE LEDs these days?

Hi. It says I don’t have access to this when no click on the link?

Hi Gary,

Firstly, welcome to GADC!

If you’d like to look at this section of the forum’s FAQs, you will see that by participation on GADC your Trust Level will automatically escalate to gain access to those posts that are held in the #members-only category of the forum.

I hope you will appreciate that it would by unfair to suppliers that generously provide discount codes to our forum if all one had to do was to sign up to have access to them.

Active participation on the forum will see you up to Trust Level 2 in no time.

Hi. Thank you for your prompt response. I do agree with your reply. To an extent. Even with a discount code suppliers will still be selling at a profit. This is good for there business and it helps keep one more business from closing in.this country. Which has to be a very good thing! Given this, then perhaps there is a discussion to be had about all members on here being given access to all its benefits. Although I do agree. It would be wrong for someone to join just to get a £2 -3 discount.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Given everyone access to all GADC benefits

Please let me know if they work / fit on the underside of the MA, without the need of fitting landing gear extensions.

I’m sure I followed up my original post somewhere.
Anyway, yes it can be fitted without leg extensions but it did rest on the light when landing, not that it would cause any damage. The main issue I had was it interfered with the compass. I had to re-calibrate everytime I went to fly it, and when it was in the air and it was showing a compass error on the screen I decided to take it off. I don’t think everybody has had this issue but it was enough for me to stop using it.

Many thanks for your response, the think I’ll give that a miss.

1 Like

So how do you then turn them off without looking at them?

What is the battery life on the crees? I know they claim 2 hours but is that realistic?

I think it’s about 2 hours

1 Like

Yes defo, I will do 6 battery’s easy

1 Like

Anyone have experience with the duals versus singles?

I have just got the dual white and red not taken up yet in the dark, they are very bright😎

2 Likes

Do they alternate or flash together? I wish they made one with one strobe per side for front and back conspicuity…

they are independent. So will flash depending upon when you turn them on.

1 Like

Not sure I follow you. Are you saying there are two buttons one for each LED? It doesn’t look like that from the pics…

Also does anyone know the duty cycle and wattage? Does it conform to 14 CFR for example?

I thought you meant if you had two. :slight_smile:

No I’m asking about the duals.

@dulcificum I have just added a short video to show it in operation. hope this helps

1 Like

Thanks for that. Very helpful.

Though I counted a rate of about 31 cycles per minute which doesn’t conform to 14 CFR.