Assembly queries for a novice

@PingSpike hows yours coming on?

That’s looking really good! Do you have a battery pad? If not order some ummagrip keeping the battery secured is vital

I will! But tell me… What is the spec of the battery I’ll need for this sucker?

What kv are your motors?

Does that tell you…?

2400kv I think

6s…? What mah…?

4s either 1300mah or 1500. You could try a higher cell count maybe 5 or 6s, but they might burn your motors up. Also check if your esc and fc are rated for over 4s. They should be good for 4s.

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks mate. I shall get busy programming now…

It’s a 4s build so ~1500mah with as high a c rating as possible

Ok thanks… C rating? That’s a new one on me…? Don’t worry though, I’ll Google it

These are what I use. Solid! I got 130mph. But I hear unmanned tech are gunna release a good lipo soon…

2 Likes

Where did you hear that?

On your stream? fpv2 or something?

Lol yea thefpv v2 batteries are coming and I was taking the piss.

But the op question. 1500mah 4s as high a c rating as possible (best in mind c ratings are kinda just made up)

Ok rx arrived… But id ordered an XM, not an XM+! ARGH… Anyway does the job for now.

A weird thing though. ALL the motors spin clockwise, even though the configuration is right in beta flight.

Help??

:laughing: Change the direction in blheli

What Karl said is right. You can either swap any 2 motor wires or change the direction in blheli. If you like I can show you direction changes in blheli later on tonight on my livestream :slight_smile:

That would be cool. I’m not sure what blheli is…? Something to programme you ESCs?

Ah ha!

1. Remove your props. …
  2. Close Betaflight Configurator or Cleanflight Configurator, if open.
  3. Plug your quadcopter’s flight controller into your computer using a micro USB cord.
  4. Plug a flight battery into your quadcopter.
  5. Launch BlHeliSuite.exe on your computer.
1 Like

All good! The chrome version of blheli is amazingly straightforward! Fantastic. I’m good to go, although this quad seems like a beast compared to the 349 so I’m a tad nervous about getting it off the ground. Just in time though, as burned ANOTHER VTX on the 349 when the antenna was taken out in a crash… I am to need a lot of those!

Talking of antennae being ripped out, you think it’s OK to have this pagoda sticking out the back or would you strap it to the frame somehow…?

and lastly, what does the go pro mount attach to (when I finally get to that point…?) do I just get longer bolts to go throigh the stand offs?

Vtx antenna mountIng.
The source one is intended to have an Sma pig tail between the vtx and the slot in the to of the frame (where you currently have your power pigtail). I would certainly not be hanging the pagoda out the back like that. One flip or roll and it will be in the prop line. Take a look here

That being said I don’t really like that design so I suggest getting a print of something like this

Gopro mounts.

Yes basically it’s a Tpu 3d print that bolts to the frame. Make sure you use washers or the screws can rip through the tpu and you could lose your GoPro.

I have printed a few of the bits from here for mine. And do use the antenna mount for the vtx

Lastly something I noticed in your picture…

Your cap has very long looking legs in the photo. Not sure if that’s just the angle or not, but you want to try and keep them as short as possible to prevent risk of damage

Let me know if you need anything :slight_smile:

What do you mean…?

And wrt pigtail, ya I can see that but the pagoda has the wrong connector for the pigtail