Atlantic Bay

We stayed in a cottage here at the end of May. Reasonable weather and a very nice break. Atlantic Bay as it is locally known is a bay South of the village of Ellenabeich on Seil Island, around 12 miles South of Oban, Scotland. Relatively remote, stunning scenery and a number of holiday cottages. The aerial sequence filmed using a Fimi A3 drone.
Cheers,
Peter

5 Likes

Hi @Astropetev I’ve edited your post to show the onebox preview and embedded player

To do this just paste the link into a line of its own with no spaces etc.

www.youtube.com/justlikethis

I think you had posted it just as a hyperlink

1 Like

Thanks, Chris,

I haven’t posted for a while - a bit rusty!
Cheers,
Peter

Great video , had a lot of nice holidays in remote areas of Scotland but never had a decent drone then , I think I recognise the 2 quarry pools on the island do they hold a stone skimming competition there
Alan

Thanks, Alan,
Our family certainly had a great time skipping stones - huge numbers of small round thin slates waiting to be skipped :wink: But I didn’t see any information about organised competitions. Of course with lock down, there wasn’t much happening and the liittle village museum was closed.
Cheers,
Peter

1 Like

@Astropetev Hi Peter it was Easedale island I saw it on BBC’s coast programme the world stone skimming championships are normally held therev

Thanks Alan,
Incredible that people will travel from the ends of the earth to compete. According to their web site some were from as far away as Australia! Of course they might just have been on holiday in the area and decided to have a go. But the ferryman must be very busy on that day - the one we used only took 6 people at a time!
Cheers
Peter

I’ve added another couple of minutes to the video and re posted it on YouTube. So far didn’t find a way to substitute it for the original. I think it’s better, but that’s just my opinion!!

1 Like

Lovely looking place, I bet the fishing was good.

Strangely I didn’t see anyone fishing, although there was a group of ladies who swam in the (cold!) sea almost every day! The foreshore was very rocky - no sand, so I suspect only boat fishing would have been successful. Great in mackerel season :wink:

1 Like