Banksy Drone Vandals

Seen as its all staged, for sure

So you think he should be prosecuted, but it is unlikely to succeed through lack of evidence? He did confess of course. Totally theoretical. I just wondered what the dronie community thought of this.

Anyone bringing down a drone should be prosecuted if caught.

Unlikely given five oh and CPS workload

I also believe that vandals defacing others property should also be prosecuted, is it any different to this

One mans art and all that

Sorry to jump in on this as @PingSpike said if we went round doing graffiti we’d be nicked and prosecuted or if it looks good & not a load of c@@p would they leave it there & let us off !

This is bankys artwork ( in public on buildings )

“We are determined to ensure that they are preserved so that they can continue to be enjoyed by as many people as possible, and that they will act as a catalyst to encourage others, and particularly our young people, to get involved in some form of artistic or cultural activity
themselves,” he said.27 Dec 2021

I quote to the above “ encourage young people to get involved in some form of artistic activity “
If that be read by the wrong person or youngster they might think they can graffiti walls buildings like banksy or have I read that completely wrong,is google advertising go get some rattle cans and spray away,why one rule for one and one rule for the other,I remember when he done the one on reading prison & it was on my local news I think I can remember the council was on about prosecuting ! Then it got half vandalised & then the authorities was almost in tears so they put a screen over it.
It is what it is I guess !

Sorry :smile:

In the sense that they are both open to legal action, then yes. I was just interested in the drone incident. Agreed it may have been flown by someone with “previous”, but that is just ultra vires from my angle. But, this is a chat page, so go for it :smile:

I’m still yet to see a link to the drone incident

Did you not see this in the article…

He said it all started when he was told that “someone had put a drone up” over the model village.

“We managed to hook this thing out of the sky with a fishing net - but I was more worried about the glass everywhere when it smashed,” he said.

I read the story as Banksy installing a pre-graffitied model of his own in the village, not spraying an existing model building/

Strictly Banksy is causing criminal damage with his spraying of images on walls. However the result is witty, well executed and often a tourist attraction. And very, very saleable.

His village model sold eventually for eight hundred grand

1 Like

Later after the link had been fixed

Still criminal damage (on both fronts)

QUITE.

1 Like

Downing a drone should be treated the same as downing an airliner.

Assuming no injuries or deaths…

Drone : £1500

Airbus A320 : £100M

Yup… it is a similar offence

1 Like

Ahhhh, but it could lead to netting jet airliners. I mean after netting a few drones you could get bored, soon you’re trying to catch Cessnas, and before long you wanna move onto the big ones…

2 Likes

Yeah but this is banksies drone so got add a few noughts

1 Like

Ha ha. So it’s OK to destroy someone’s drone if we don’t like them :rofl: :rofl:

The link in my initial post does (I hope) show the BBC article where some person is rejoicing at having downed a drone with a fishing net. This is what I meant by an ‘incident’. Are you perhaps using the term ‘incident’ in a more technical sense than I intended? I am just interested. No offence intended.

Has he painted it? Think he a member of GADC?

I got the impression that the drone was being used for some sort of covert surveillance. Might have been a giveaway if it was plastered with Banksy artwork :grinning:

I did read the post as be brought in a new model to replace it on first reading, but it’s unclear tbh. Funny how the “attack” on a drone is so minimally glossed over and “ignored” in the article. Flying that low over a model village isn’t good and if at “net” level, is too low, but doesn’t give anyone the right to take it down! Be great to know more about what happened.