Banksy Drone Vandals

See earlier answer

None taken, I’d like proof thats all.

I take the BBC news reporting with a pinch of salt.

The value shouldn’t come in to whether it is an offence or not, only in the punishment meted out.

1 Like

Hi, noobie here…but since no-one else seems to have considered this option here , isn’t it possible that Banksy would actually approve of the underlying anarchy in bringing his drone down? Seems like it would fit with (eg) his famous self shredding work. Or to put it another way maybe even an act he had some part in.
Anyway I’m obviously NOT condoning anyone messing with our drones but the price of even a high-end model drone is unlikely to faze Mr B or his ongoing quest for publicity coupled with a hint of ‘shock factor’.
Oh and ‘hello’ to all. :smile:

1 Like

Hey, nice one. You suggest Banksy could see it as a net benefit. Would this mean that Mr Net was in on the act I wonder? My original interest was sparked by the glee with which he described trashing the drone. I am a noobie too, and was just wondering if the public in general hate us that much, and how the veterans here felt about that.

Anyway, welcome aboard sir. (Sound of boatswains whistle).

Isn’t the description of the incident slightly curious :
". . . I was more worried about the glass everywhere when it smashed . . . "

I am not aware of any glass drones being built, so presumably this means the camera lens, but wouldn’t it be only a tiny amount of glass ? (Unless it had a very big camera.) And don’t most drones have a reasonably well protected camera in case of crashes ?

And bringing down a drone with a fishing net ? Why would the drone be flown so low that it would be vulnerable to a shrimp net ? Deliberately for a distraction to enable the barn switch ?

I still don’t know how you could physically deploy a net like that to catch a drone that’s flying through the air.

With zero evidence, video, photos, I think we’re calling bull on this one.

Unless they had one of these:

1 Like

I’m with you.
My default setting is always shoddy media reporting / jounalazyism

Finished drone shot here:

This has set up written all over it.

2 Likes

I don’t want to make false accusations but …

That campervan in the video looks suspiciously like one a certain GADC member is claiming is off the road for restoration:

https://greyarro.ws/t/not-another-campervan-build/48671

I think we should check his hands for traces of spray paint …

1 Like

Genius :+1:

From what I hear you can’t even paint Spike. If I had the money a peice of Banksy’s art would be in my house and never sold. The guy is a genius

@Richard20D nobody ever questioned his artistic talent :thinking: :man_shrugging:t2:

Where did you hear that?

Now I see a challenge :wink: BanksySpike :joy:

Sounds like a smear campaign :joy: :joy: :joy: