Best tablet

I have a apple iPad mini 5th gen and true it is really good but for drone flying it find it heavy and the battery life is not great so that’s why I use the Huawei mediapad m5 lite and it’s excellent and a lot lot cheaper , the battery is fantastic the screen is better in sun light and it’s not so heavy , I only use it for drone flying and it works perfectly.

2 Likes

I’ll also recommend the Huawei M5Lite8. I’ve had mine well over a year now and it has performed flawlessly with everything I’ve thrown at it.

The drones I use it with include:

DJI Spark (Go4 APP)
DJI Mini2 (DJI Fly APP)
Powervision PEX (Vision2 APP)
Parrot Anafi (Freeflight6 APP)
Parrot Disco (FreeFlight Pro APP)
All my Betaflight FPV quads/hex’s (SpeedyBee APP)
3DR Solo (Solex APP)
Self built Arducopter Drones (QGroundControl, Skydroid, Tower)
Tello (TelloFPV and TelloMe APPs)
RC Logger X350 Nova (Eye Control APP)

Along with various cameras.

To mount it to the Mini2 controller I 3D printed a very simple “S” shaped hook/clamp.

1 Like

Sure, it sounds good. But wouldn’t it be worth paying more to get a simplified image of a piece of fruit on the back?

1 Like

Here you go.

2 Likes

I have a Lenovo 10hd and it works with the MA2 fine

Before and after

1 Like

@Sparkyws Ive got one of the Huawei 8" pads too. How effective (or detrimental) are these matte screen protectors when in use with your drone?

From the first use, it is not bad. It has taken the shine from the screen and it’s a matt finish, the screen is a little darker but fine to use. I kind of like it, just need to test it in bright sunlight

You can see the difference from the pictures and for £8 for 2 it at least protects the screen :grinning:

Mine arrived yesterday and fitted, though you’ve done a better job than I did. Even though I cleaned the screen thoroughly I still managed to get three dust particles underneath the film. It’s not a great day for a proper test but when compared to my other handheld devices the reduced glare is very noticeable.

2 Likes

Did you not proceed to the Bathroom as instructed! :wink:
I must admit I did clean my screen a good few times before installing the protector
It defiantly makes a difference in normal light levels

I thought about it but then my wife would have been concerned hearing me shout such things as, “WHY WON’T YOU STAY STRAIGHT?!?” and “DAMN IT, IT’S ALL COVERED IN BUMPS”, from behind a locked door.

Further to my mention of the Tripltek tablet back on 1st Jan, not only do they now have a shiny new web site, but they also now have a shiny new tablet available!

Introducing the Tripletek 8:

Not surprisingly, it’s an 8" screen and boasts the same 1200nits brightness levels as its 7" cousin.

The new “8” comes with 8GB ram, 256GB storage and is now IP68 rated. It’s running Android 10 now too.

Interestingly, it’s also a bit lighter than the 7".

What’s it like with the poxy Fly app ?

1 Like

Bit to pricey for me!! I will stick with my Huawei 8" seems to work flawless… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too.

The ipad mini 6 is working well.

I’m sure this has been asked a zillion times but the search feature is letting me down or I’m using the wrong search terms. Please don’t tell me off.

I’m thinking of trying my iPad 7th gen to fly the mini 2. It’s Wifi only. I can use maps I assume from whatI have read as long as I can tether to my iPhone for data. Not a problem. But because the iPad won’t have GPS/Compass I can’t update the home point from my tablets location, but I can update it manually on the map?

Should the SDK ever get released for the Mini 2 I assume things like follow me using the iPad would not work therefore I’d have to use phone for this?

Thanks in advance for what I assume are questions that have been asked before. I’m sorry! :frowning:

Whats the best / cheapest tablet to use with a maviC air 2 as the iphone screen is too small

SB

Hi @Booth1230 I’ve move your post here, have a search around its been asked many many times

https://greyarro.ws/search?q=tablet

1 Like