Best tablet

I would say because of the poxy fly app and it’s stupid updates if you want it to work most of the time then it’s a iPad mini 4 , 5 or 6 but you need a WiFi and sim if you want the GPS to work, you only need a sim in the slot you dont need to register it any free sim will do just put it in and forget it . Several Android tabs used to work better than the iPads but the updates on fly app normally stuff you fairly quickly and very regularly. I used a Huewai mediapad m5 lite and it was excellent but then came the updates so now I’m back on a iPad mini 5th gen

1 Like

Samsung Tab Active 3, does anyone know if this will work with DJI Fly App?
I see the earlier version Active 1 and 2 were not compatible
The Active 3 looks a nice tablet, sturdy and splash proof, but don’t fancy taking the plunge if it won’t work, I understand it needs to be 64bit, but is it also down to some CPU’s working and others not?

I have answered my own question, bought a new Active 3 from Cash Converters, it works perfectly with DJI Fly, it is also a 64bit processor, so unlike the Active 1 and 2 this one is perfect and rugged

Anyone know if the Lenovo Tab M8 LTE 8 Inch HD (2nd Gen) tablet would work ok with the Mini 2?

Anyone have a suggestion regarding a decent (not too expensive) phone or tablet that has decent nits. Have a Huawei 8x but have finding it hard to see the camera settings etc when flying. Not very bright screen (and operator). After a mid range or older spec tablet that is not too expensive. Not iphone, must be android. Any help would be appreciated. Looking to pay about £200 ish. Thanks.

Save yourself about 180 of those pounds and buy a shade.

@keo Or save the full 200 notes and make your own :joy:

1 Like

Not sure if it would be right with a shade in the office.

Hi all
Firstly Thankyou to all who pointed me in the right direction for learning / a go to edit software for my MacBook :+1:t2:
Secondly I have another question “ sorry “.
Ok so I was going to get an I pad mini but a last minuite desicion to possibly get the phone in the title above and assign it to my drone purposes only , reason being one it has a bigger screen than my I phone 12 the screen is almost or as big as the 12 pro max ( but I phone pro max is 5 x the price ) ok it’s android and I am a iOS user but the last minuite desicion is mainly based on the following , with the android you can roll back the fly app as with iOS you can’t as your probally all aware , so because I’m running a late fly app with the fcc mod I do here of earlier versions of the app that work better or preferred , on that basis I wanted to ask if it’s worth buying the phone for that reason ? Yes it’s also got a bigger screen which is better for my eyes , is there a go too app version you guys are using on android in fcc that is better or more stable than the others , or pros cons , I’m sorry I had to ask this question but I’d really like others thoughts on this if possible & what is working best stability etc , any thoughts or input so I no weather to do as stated above would be gratefully appreciated , I’m running the app 1.6.9 which is the latest I think , I’d love to hear what others think or if I’d be wasting my money.also does the above phone have a good capability for fly app / drone or should I be going higher spec.
Many many thanks

Jailbreak your phone and you can

Didn’t no that , Now’s the million dollar question , never done it before no idea how too , same again any help would be really appreciated , I’ll give it a go if I could kindly be put in the right direction :+1:t2:
Many thanks :pray:t2:

You’re on your own there, it’s easy to go badly wrong if u don’t follow to the letter

Loads of info online and easy to follow tutorials.

Lol yes don’t fancy ruining my fone so I guess I’ll try android just for the drone , any ideas on the best version of app , kindly
Thankyou :wink:

Looks like I have just bagged an IPad mini 6 256gb WiFi, brand new still sealed for £400

Anyone used one? Any know issues?

Mate google it , there known for jelly scrolling , Apple been done for it they say it’s normal but people are kicking off , I’ll try find a link !

@Sparkyws your better off getting the last of the mini 5 , there’s a lot of those mini 6’s for sale because of the problem , while I was in Currys the other day I thought I’d try it ( or one ) once you pick up on it you can’t help but notice it ….

1 Like

Not sure if it’s a massive issue, Apple say not

It might be all-right for flying but read all the reviews , I was gonna get one but that put me off , if you can live with it then that’s fair doods , when your reading something tho it is what it is ( weird ) , Apple will say it’s normal as they want to cover there butts but hey we’re all different , :+1:t2:

Amen

You really need WiFi and sim as with WiFi only you do not get full gps

2 Likes