Best tablet

Yes Mick it’s a direct download from Dji as it’s not in google play anymore

2 Likes

You may find it in the Huawei APP store. I downloaded the version prior 1.3.0 from there when I got my Mini2.

1 Like

Go here, on your tablet: https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

1 Like

Just a quick thank you to everyone for their recommendations - very helpful. In the end I bought the Huawei Mediapad M5 Lite 8 and very pleased I am with it.
For those who have one, can anyone recommend a suitable sun shade for the 8” Huawei?

Barry

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Tablet sun-shade for Huawei Mediapad M5 Lite 8"?

You won’t regret it they are a great tablet , cannot help with sunshade as I turn the screen brightness right up to max and I’ve never needed more or had a problem or need but you will love the tab

2 Likes

Thanks @scottydog and @Nidge - it was mainly your posts that convinced me. Chuffed to bits with it so far.

2 Likes

Huawei M5 Lite 10" on offer for £129.99 from Huawei direct.
OOS Amazon.

1 Like

Do you have a link ?

1 Like

Sorry, link
https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/tablets/mediapad-m5-lite/buy/
Also another £10 off using code
A10M5APR

Sorry, yes

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/tablets/mediapad-m5-lite/buy/

Also another £10 off with this code
A10M5APR

1 Like

I’ve just got the Tripltek Pro, I haven’t used it with a drone yet but will put it through it’s paces in just over a week on a trip to Cornwall.
I will be using it with my M2P and Mini 2 and it will be interesting to see how it compares to my Crystal Sky both in terms of brightness and stability.

I’ve still got my eye on one, look forward to hearing how it fairs when compared to the CrystalSky :+1:t2:

Hi Just looking for some advice on a tablet for the DJI Fly App using a MA2, I have bought over last month or so a Samsung Tab A10 no use, Amazon Fire 10HD no use, worried about buying anymore unless been tested to work, at present looking at a Reconditioned from factory Lenovo 10HD but again will this be a waste of money lucky lots of grandkids loving the previous tabs! Some guidance would be appreciated.

Maybe I’m biased as everything I own is Apple but I cannot fault the IPads mate, older second hand or an iPad mini even. Most issues with software comes from when they are made for Android IMO… Can’t fault iOS apps and the user interface on iPads is SIMPLE… plus there is an abundance of editing apps too so can do everything in one place.

1 Like

Hey Harsh thanks for the feedback, I know even on the DJI site all tabs and phones are Apple recommended, I do think there is a bias towards Apple and cannot see why DJI will not look more into Android, I am also looking at IPad :frowning:

Scroll up on this thread @rab

Lots of recent recommendations for the Huawei M5 Lite.

1 Like

I think people ( mainly companies ) tend to be bias towards Apple as despite on occasion their hardware may not be as advanced as some equivalents - we see the battle between Samsung and Apple regularly - HOWEVER when it comes to software issues and complaints a large majority of the time it is down to the user so companies will often opt for the option that appears to have the easiest interface and that is 99% of the time Apple.

I’m running both DJI Go 4 and DJI Fly on one of these with no issues at all. I even did a Facebook live drone flight recently by tethering to my phone, there were no performance issues.

My only complaint is that it uses micro-USB rather than a USB-C connector - I find the micro connectors tend to go wrong more quickly.

And the screen glare is a problem, but I have my home made one now :wink:

Just ordered these, will let you know how good there are or not!!

1 Like