Best tablet

I have a 19 - it upgraded its software to Android 9 without any problems. If you are buying a tablet for reasons of eyesight then bigger is definitely better. I use mine with a mount on the mavic air controller - metal, about £18 and with a mount extender on the Inspire controller - 3D printed at home. Don’t know the sammy S10 but I switch between my Note 3, Note 8 Redmi and HP Slate qute seamlessly with a mixture of Android flavours.

1 Like

I had the same problem so ended up getting a iPad mini 5 WiFi and cell. If you go that way you need to put a SIM card in to use the GPS although it’s just a free sim not registered but you need that or the GPS will not work

I use the M5 lite 8inch for nearly all my drone APPs
Parrot FreeFlight Pro
Parrot FreeFlight 6
DJI Go4
QGroundControl
SpeedyBee
And as an analog FPV monitor and DVR with an OTG FPV receiver.

Screen is brighter than my iPad (2019 model) and the battery life is very good.

Nidge.

That’s sounds good Nidge, thank you very much.
I wonder if anyone knows whether it fits in to the Mavic Pro controller?
Cheers

1 Like

I don’t have a Mavic, which surprises some on here, but I do have a Spark that has a controller of the same dimensions and unfortunately the M5 8 doesn’t fit. I use one of the popular tablet adaptors with it.

Nidge.

I’ve just cut a piece of card to the same dim’s and it doesn’t look like it will fit :man_shrugging:
Can anyone recommend a decent mount that will suit the mavic pro controller that doesn’t cost the earth?
Thanks

You might want to fire up a new thread for that mate, this one is all about tablets and their specs.

Or try a couple of searches, I’m sure there are some threads on mounts already :thinking:

:ok_hand::+1:

Hi Callum, sorry its beed a while getting back to you, back at work now and all that! :unamused:

Anyhow got myself a tablet. I Originally got a Galaxy Tab A (Because Argos had some and they were cheaper than an ipad), but got it all set up and it turns out it wasnt compatable with DJI Fly. So after a bit of swearing and also a bit of sneaky work repackaging it and forging a few samsung box seals I took it back to Argos for a refund.

Long story short, I went against every principal I hold myself dear to and got an ipad mini 5 instead, despite swearing to myself years ago to never purchasse anything Apple! Glad I did because it has worked out perfect. Its the right size and I also have got a sun hood for it. Battery life is excellent and I am getting plenty of use out of it for other things also. The only drawback is that the screen is not as wide in a ratio sense as the Galaxy S10, but I suppose its all give and take.

I took it out through the week to a spot in the peak district called Alport Castles and got some excellent footage which i am just in the process of turning into a video. This will be on my youtube channel shortly. Thanks for all the help and advice you gave me regarding this.

5 Likes

Have you had a look at the editor built into the DJI FLY app, its very capable and will zip along on your new iPad

Don’t forget to post links ;o)

I’m the same, android for everything but I do like the iPad mini for using drone.

Yeah it does take a little getting used to but any wider and it wouldnt fit the controller.

Glad you’ve found a setup that works well for you.

Enjoy

1 Like

Hi Chris,

Not really checked out the editor on DJI fly app, simply because I use a piece of editing software on my pc called Davinci Resolve. Its a cracking bit of kit, really powerful and also free.

Links will be up shortly and I will drop the video into the forum when done! :+1:

1 Like

Great tool, I’m a Mac man so use FCPX but I’ve had a play with DR

I was really surprised by the FLY app though, as long as you’ve cached the videos youve shot (default) the results can be pretty good and super quick too

Hi everyone, can anyone recommend a tablet to use to fly the Mavic air 2 with?
I’m using an IPhone 7 at the moment with the DJI fly app, it’s ok but the screen size is a bit small (I know it’s old age starting to creep in) any recommendations?

Moved your post to this pre-existing thread on Tablets.

Also see previous threads …

What mobile phone do you use?

Using a tablet instead of a phone

Replacement phone for Mavic Mini

1 Like

Hi Carl,

I recently got myself an ipad mini and found it works great with DJI fly.

Stay clear of Galaxy Tab - I made the mistake of going for that first and then finding out the software was not compatable!

That’s great - thank you, what model?

Best for before, during and after flight

And, for the adventurous wee gastronauts amongst you - a range of flavours other than the traditional,: Chocolate Orange, Iron Bru, Chilli, Lemon Sherbet, Ginger, Marmite and Rum and Raisin.

5 Likes

Hey peeps.
I’m thinking of getting the Samsung galaxy tab a8 to use with my MA2. Does anyone here have that tablet ? Does anyone prefer to fly with a tablet instead of a phone ? I know the pixel density won’t be as clear on the tablet but I’m wondering what the experience is like ?

I prefer to use my iPad mini 5 over my phone Samsung s10 5g , iPad works well for the fly app and go fly and I just prefer the bigger screen. I would highly recommend the iPad mini 5th

1 Like