Best tablet

A post was merged into an existing topic: DJI Mavic Air 2, Mavic Mini 2, Tablet Mount Holder Bracket

Cheers buddy does that fit strait into a nAir 2 hand controller or do you have to buy an adapter???..

Yes, you need a tablet adapter. I initially bought a cheap £20 one off Amazon, but returned it as it wobbled too much for my liking. I ended up making my own.

2 Likes

I am using a Huawei M5 lite 8 not had one problem , I also use it for my MM2 it is 64 bit…
I fully recommend.

1 Like

Nits is important as bad brightness and reflection viewing on tablet can ruin a day.

Many years ago I would like big as I thought it was better, used iPad’s and iPad’s mini’s 1 2 3 but it always was the same result when outside that did not matter on how bright it was outside I had trouble seeing the screen, I would need a hood or be in the shade. At the time it was DJI Go 4 app and I did alot of research and obviously Crystalsky was No1 but pricey :slightly_frowning_face: so it was the Nexus 2013 2nd edition and I still today use it for my Mavic pro and can be used in all types of weather without shading it :+1:back then I think I got it for £40 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

I did the same for DJI fly app as my trusty nexus was not compatible :cry: I wanted atleast 7" tablet but came across same unsatisfying situation nothing really on the Nits had improved one bit and once again it was Crystalsky was the best, so to be able to get this able to see it in all weathers so I went for Samsung Galaxy Note 8 6.3" screen fits perfectly on remote and 6gb ram and Nits are incredible imo it’s brighter and less reflective, I use this only for flying so packed in the girlie bag with the drone, and have my daily phone as a backup.

2 Likes

Is it Wifi only or do you also need a SIM card?

You don’t need sim card to fly, but if I did need to use 4/5g for some info I would mobile hotspot my phone to it.

3 Likes

Mine is WiFi only but as ziceman says if you need the live map I just WiFi hotspot my phone to it

3 Likes

Hi, all. newbie flyer here with a Mini 2 I have an iPhone SE which works with the GoFly app with my Mini 2 but the screen is too small and so I tried my 11 inch iPad and a plastic extension bracket. It works but is too unwieldy and the iPad screen is too dim to see in sunlight. So I am wanting a small tablet 7 or 8 inches or less or a cheap phone that works well and is fast and responsive with the GoFly app but doesn’t cost loads of money what do you all recommend?

@Hillzzz this question is asked multiple times per week, your post has been moved to the main discussion thread. Please scroll up for more recommendations than you can shake a stick at.

1 Like

I’m sure this must have been asked dozens of times before but to be honest after 60 seconds of looking and finding nowt I gave up :smiley:

Galaxy S10 screen just isn’t big enough for me so I’m after a second hand or new tablet, minimum 8 inch and on a budget of £150.00 max that works with the Mini 2

Thanks in advance

Phil

I’ve no idea what you searched for, but I entered the same words as your topic title and it was the number one result.

Scroll up @OldSoulBoy - there are more recommendations than you could ever need right here in this thread.

2 Likes

@OldSoulBoy

5 Likes

I too use the Huawei M5Lite8 tablet. I use it with all my drones, whether that be DJI, Parrot, 3DROBOTICS, Pixhawk self builds, and for tuning my race/freestyle quads at the field.

Just today I printed a very simple clamp that clips to the top of the Mini2 controller so I now use it with my Mini2.

5 Likes

Thanks all. Huawei M5 Lite 8 and tablet holder being delivered tomorrow. Looking forward to being able to actually see what I’m doing :smiley: … old age sucks :frowning:

6 Likes

Good choice, I got one after seeing members recommend it on here and it runs great for my mini and my cycle turbo trainer app :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Good choice , I use it for my M2P and my mini 2 excellent screen , fantastic battery, lite weight and affordable

2 Likes

Found this earlier which seems cheap?

Is 10.1" too big( I’ll ask the wife).

£100 delivered.

1 Like

You’ll need to hurry there’s, erm, only one left now.

1 Like

Hi - I bought the Huawei M5 lite 8 as above but the FLY app isn’t listed in the play store - Am I missing something or do I need to download direct from DJI ?

Tia

Mick