Blackpool town centre

A quick flight over Blackpool yesterday with my Mini 2

13 Likes

That must be an interesting tram-ride …

7 Likes

Hahaha

The tram tracks were laid a couple of years ago, but they had to wait for Wilkinson’s lease to expire before they could demolish the building that was there and start construction on the new tram terminus building :wink:

3 Likes

I bet it’s quiet there. They live on the night life?

Very quiet at present, especially if compared to a non-lockdown summer day

:joy::joy::joy:

OMG, that’s ace well spotted :joy:

Stunning Video… amazing quality from the Mini 2. Any chance you could post what camera/video settings you were using. Thanks Andy.

Hi Andy

Just on auto settings, 2.7K60 with a CPL filter

1 Like

Thanks for such a speedy reply. Am I correct in assuming then 2.7k at 60 fps . The filter was a Polarising one then not a ND one. Any chance of the make of filter used and did you use any post film processing. Just am blown away by the quality of the video. Many thanks Andy.

Hi Andy - filter was from ebay ( CPL Filter Camera Lens Polarizer Filter for DJI Mavic Mini Accessories | eBay )

Yes, 2.7K at 60fps - I find the faster framerate gives a smoother video especially when panning/yawing. No processing done, just edited with Adobe Premiere Elements and music from Youtubes free sound library :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great video, congrats. I plan to do some night shots over Blackpool town centre once I get a couple more hours in on my Mini2.

1 Like

That is brilliant and very many thanks you are a star. Just ordered a Mini 2 as the EASA regs now have a lot of restrictions … over people etc which even with my PfCO and A2cofC does not give me the freedom that a sub 250 gram aircraft can do. Though my Mavic2pro Phantom4pro and Inspire I are superb, the Mini 2 will be great for those shots where I have to fly over uninvolved people. Thanks again. Andy

1 Like

For night flying I recommend adding a few small strobe lights to aid visibility, and the onboard lights aren’t particularly visible from certain aspects. I generally put two on the underside and one on top, and can easily see them up to around 400m - all flashing white ones like these 2pcs Universal Drone Flash Strobe Lamp Night Flight Light for Mavic Air 2/Mini 2 | eBay

1 Like

I have a couple of these, they are blindingly bright.

2 Likes

Brilliant…good to see my roots again! Keep 'em coming!!

1 Like

Did you get clearance from ATC with it being a DJI ?

There would appear to be a 150m ceiling with DJI GeoZones :

1 Like

Don’t think you need ATC clearance in this location Mark?

(edit, just seen Dave’s screenshot)

It’s well outside the zones associated with Blackpool airport and Warton

1 Like

Doing commercial flights I have to get an unlock ?

Did one in Bromborough same thing