Breaches of the Drone code

I don’t , and frankly, since I’m only flying over fields, rivers and forests, I don’t really care

I find some attitudes to aviation safety very shocking. Regardless of the use of your drone it is still an aircraft and having a negative attitude to safety is just damaging to aviation and the drone community.

3 Likes

But this is my point and @chrisjohnbaker nailed it with what he said about the rules been set from when u purches ur drone so u know from the get go

can we have a laughing emoji instead if heart please :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Or both

1 Like

Im a bit surprised at some of the comments on here. Its almost like agreeing that in some circumstances its ok to ignore the code. Yes you can probably get away with it but don’t forget the code is law and could invoke a criminal prosecution for breaking it.
Yes I agree all retailers should give a copy of the code but its your responsibility to make sure that whatever you use its done correctly and within the law. When you buy a car does the dealer ask to see your driving licence?
The CAA have now started to audit PfCO holders. Seems a bit unfair to me that people who have spent time and money and have proved competency are being checked when there are such a lot if illegal operations going on. Rant over.

1 Like

I don’t think the people on this forum are a serious problem including those who follow the spirit rather than the letter of the law.

If you want to see the sort of thing that does concern the police … (as well as anyone who likes smooth flying and quality video!) …

https://youtu.be/LqjaY-u6T40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-3vV36zFp8

Note: this guy has been editing his videos recently to remove some of the more incriminating evidence e.g. the bits where you can see the TOAL location and which prove it’s flown BVLOS.

2 Likes

Buy u cant leave the forecort without insurance hence a licence is needed for that

Well said.

2 Likes

Not if you buy private

2 Likes

The “Drone Code” is much like the “Highway Code” in that it is human nature to ignore rules when it suits.
I take it that all club members drive at 20MPH, 30MPH or 70MPH as required? They certainly don’t do that in Scotland thats for sure! So this is a serious risk to human life, far in excess of anything a drone could achieve.
The Police have been given clear instructions by the CAA to enforce the Drone Code , exactly as they are empowered to enforce the Highway Code.

2 Likes

None of the plod I deal with on a daily basis have (North Yorkshire)

2 Likes

They are empowered to enforce the Road Traffic Act, the highway code contains a lot of things that are not actually law.

4 Likes

If you mean started to enforce then No and nor do I think they will! Too busy doing social work and picking up drunks on a weekend :joy: More likely to think Rubber Duck that I’ve got enough to do already. They might respond if someone reports you but when they see you/your drone are registered & insured they’ll toddle off

What these changes will mean like all Laws is that when things do go belly up then if they do so choose they can throw the book at you!

2 Likes

I really don’t think the bizzies will give a crap. Its the government putting an action plan in place to please the public and give them an avenue of complaint. It all gets lost in bureaucracy anyway. And to the original poster, @stevesb, let everyone follow their own path. Don’t beat yourself up. Life’s far too short to get upset.
Sorry Steve, I am quite laid back, but I speak up now and then. If someone else does something bad, sit back and enjoy the outcome. And what is coming to them! But don’t ever become someone who tells people what they can or can’t do. It’s their lives. Not anyone else’s.
Oh. Another grumpy old git here!

We are only here once.

8 Likes

My lot don’t even know about it

3 Likes

I’ve sold a few private build drones on ebay and I include this notice…

Hi ,
This quadcopter (drone) requires registration. You mentioned you are a RC flyer so are no doubt aware of this. If you are not already registered with the CAA then you can do so at this link:
https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/individual
Happy Flying
Steve

No guarantee they will , but at least I tried
Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Also, I send a PDF copy of The Drone Code

1 Like

Like that, responsible pilot and seller :ok_hand:

5 Likes

True, the Highway Code isn’t law. It’s only there for guidance for road users. The road traffic act is the law.

2 Likes