Breaches of the Drone code

That a ballsy test… Flying away from you until you lose signal and hoping RTH successfully kicks in (as it should do of course)! Again, away from anyone (I couldn’t see too well what was below the craft at all times) and flying high enough to avoid anything or anyone, so don’t see the issue… But know other people would throw their ice creams out of their pram so personally I might he tempted to hide these vids away from public scrutiny or don’t post at all… We do need rules however… But hard to cater for the level of common sense each operator may or may not have at their disposal

3 Likes

I really have no issue with how people fly, as long as what I’m doing is satisfactory.
But reading some of the comments it’s almost like saying…
if a house has no occupants, it’s okay to rob it as no one will get injured. ie: flying miles over water or deserted country land. Drones have one view, forward, so on these range tests can you see manned aircraft around you? :thinking: are you looking at the camera view or the map to see what direction your facing if you need to avoid collision etc. I really believe each to there own and if that’s how you want to fly, that’s fine. Really don’t think the “no one was around, so I flew over a mile” excuse will wash if you get a tap on the shoulder whilst flying.

1 Like

I am sure they will :joy: the self righteous Internet forum and social media police
Think they are the same people that wrote to points of view and the local paper complaining that their neighbour threw a bit of rubbish in the wrong bin or some program was un Pc cos they called animal pets and it demeans them :laughing::laughing::laughing:

3 Likes

I might get some stick now but i am sitting on the fence here so to speak … im sure most people who fly drones lose sight of them every now and again u look down for 30 seconds to adjust a setting or check hight and when u look back u cant see it because your eyes need to adjust… And what about people who fly with vr goggles they cant check the sky for maned aircraft i realy think u could argue/debate about this all day but there will always be another view or opinion that is still within the law/code. just some dont agree with that opinion.

4 Likes

Yeh but if you fly with goggles you should have a spotter really
If you are flying beyond your horizon then yeh not good!
if you are on a flat land or say looking out over sea and you can see your drone it’s height and it’s orientation perhaps with a strobe on then I can’t see the problem
So within the drone code you can see your drone just through the trees with a chance of loosing sight and be twenty mtrs away
Or with a flat land perfect view of your drone
At 50 Mtrs away
What’s better? it’s mainly down to common sense

2 Likes

Tbh i was just sitting on the fence throwing out points that i had seen, heard and were curious of myself . i do feel that people do get quite blunt on this situation which can put people off asking questions about this discussion all id say to every one is please dont patronise or speak down to anyone just for there opinion/ views

2 Likes

This is just one of the points i was trying to make regardless weather u have a spotter or not the pilot who is responsible has not got full awareness of his surroundings in my opinion

1 Like

Think i should of kept quiet here

2 Likes

Yeh there is that, I tend to let people get on with things and if they get in trouble then it’s their fault as long as it doesn’t affect me I don’t really care anymore there’s a lot more to worry about in life , as long as I open my eyes every morning I am alive and happy :smiley:

4 Likes

Why should you you have as much say on here as anyone else and it was a valid question or post

4 Likes

When i first got my drone i didnt even know there was a drone code or the fact i would have to register. Most shops dont tell u this either i found out after someone stoped me in a local park and gave me some information .so i was in the wrong but didnt know At all. So sometimes the people we rip apart for doing stupid things dont know about drone code or all the other things that go with . Does this make scene

Oh and i now have
Op id
Fly id
Public liability insurance
And so on i did it immediately when i found out i needed them.
So overall we need to make sure the supplyers also take on responsibility to ensure u know these things when u go spend money with them… for example just a letter in the box or given to u while in the shop or attached to your invoice if brought online …

1 Like

It would help fizzle out alot of mistakes made by first time flyers like we all was once and also refresh the minds of veteran flyers when they buy a new drone

1 Like

Sorry last one im just a strong believer in if you give this info out when you buy the drone … Then the flyer cannot say i didnt know, like i didn’t as we would all know the second we had made the purchase

2 Likes

And for second hand purchases? :thinking:

2 Likes

We could literally just ask if they are awear of the drone code and rules… Very similar to when i sell tattoo machines if they aren’t a registered licenced tattoo artist from a studio … and instead tattoo in a kitchen … i wont sell them a machine . At least we can say we did our part to ensure all rules are followed

4 Likes

No you should not we all learn and adjust our mind set by sharing our ‘opinions’ If we all sat in a dark lonely room and never had a open & frank discussion with others guess who would ALWAYS be right :thinking:

2 Likes

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, be it good or bad,
that’s what makes the topics on here ,so interesting.

1 Like

I still believe that it should be the responsibility of the seller to include an “Information Pack” to the Buyer which should include copies of the drone code, etc,etc.
And, sellers of second hand machines should also have to pass on this information to the buyer.
I am convinced that most of the present problem is due to “lack of information” from the sellers of drones, in general.
Just my five penneth Guys !.

2 Likes

@chrisjohnbaker glad you worded it better than i ever could ,that is exactly what i was to say

1 Like

How do you know if you annoy anyone or how do you deal with a potential emergency if you drone is potentially BVLOS?

1 Like