Breaking the speed limit - How fast is your drone? Find out on our leaderboard!

I superglued the arm back on, and she’s back in the air again :wink:

6 Likes

Leaderboard updated!

Logs verified, congrats to @McSteamy2010 for absolutely smashing his own Air 2S record :bowing_man:t2:

Congrats to @Earwig too for his first leaderboard entry and his new Speed Freak badge :bowing_man:t2:

5 Likes

What’s this I see before me …

More atti runs today @clinkadink :smiley: see how that superglue holds up. :joy:

Just a quick 3 minute run. :grimacing: all batteries now on charge. :smiley:

It was still climbing but didn’t want to fly past my home point! So windy out there. :exploding_head:

1 Like

Sadly not. Family emergency. Need to get my wife back to Ukraine today for a funeral tomorrow :flushed: It’s a logistical nightmare, especially with covid.

Oh no mate! Good luck. :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Best of luck mate. My condolences.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that :confused: Good luck Chris hope you get it sorted mate

1 Like

Sorry to hear your sad news Chris - sincere condolences and good luck with getting everything sorted out.

1 Like

That sounds like a challenge without Covid. Good luck! :+1: #Condolences

1 Like

Thanks folks. Just to make matters worse, the only flight I could get was from Stansted :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: But the main thing, I’ve got her to the airport and she has tickets, passport and the COVID pass. And now for the 130 mile return trip :blue_car: … And same again on Wednesday :man_facepalming:

1 Like

How much did the private jet cost? :wink:

1 Like

I found the settings tab in that UAVforcast app. Since i increased the limits i find that the red NOT GOOD TO FLY has never came up again :see_no_evil: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Damn it! Can’t top 64 still!

That was touch and go. I admit, I was worried looking at her in the air. she really struggled against it out there now but… A new record for the 2S :smiley:

1 Like

Braver than me doing that above a built up area :scream:

Cracking speed! Well done for beating your old record by more than 6mph :pray::clap::+1:

1 Like

Lol, I won’t be again that’s for sure. I’m sticking to the fields :joy: :poop:

I tell you what, that superglue is amazing stuff.

We’ll skip over the 141 warnings :wink:

Test 1 - Broad Hinton, 63.78mph, just about made it back with 5% battery left :hot_face:

Test 2 - Hackpen Hill, 60.58mph, it would not come back, so ditched it closed to a country lane :scream:

Test 3 - Barbury Castle, 64.56mph, same, one way trip, landed in a field close to the car park :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

This level of dedication (obsession?) is proper next level shit man… :bowing_man:t2:

1 Like

The Mini 2 batteries are charging, I looked out the window and saw a nice sunset, so thought I’d take the M2P out to Moulden Hill at 5pm, for some Golden Hour speed tests :wink:

Mavic 2 Pro, 80.3 mph :sunglasses:

My house in the top right of the photo above. So after going to all these remote high hills in the country with the Mini 2, it looks as if it doesn’t really matter that much.

What the data doesn’t show (surprisingly) is that the camera was pointing down from about a minute into the flight. When I tried to use the rotating wheel on the top left of the controller (or the touch screen slider) it just randomly shook all over the place erratically! And my view down was near enough pitch black at 5.20pm. I flew the rest of the way using the map. Was late switching out of Atti mode and overshot the home point by about 400m :grimacing: … which made the end part of the flight a bit interesting, having to drop to about 30m altitude whilst flying over a forest, with a 22mph head wind - and no camera :confounded:

Still … it was fun, and a new Mavic 2 Pro speed record :grin::+1:

@stevesb - sorry mate :pensive: but you still have the M2Z record :wink:

1 Like