Breaking the speed limit - How fast is your drone? Find out on our leaderboard!

:+1: this is worse than a soap on TV :grimacing:

1 Like

Don’t big it up! It’s just a flesh wound :laughing:

It was quite windy today, especially with the TOAL at 285m.

As went well, up until about 30 second in, I lost signal and it showed “RC signal interference”. Video went, then came back, but control nigh on impossible. Managed to ditch it into the side of Knap hill.

Airdata logs looks like I managed to reduce it from 62mph to 12.5mph just before impact. At that point, the front right leg folded back on the rear right leg, and sheared it off at the motor.

I’ve already bought a replacement leg, £24.99, arrives Tuesday :+1:

I was actually joking when I said that :pensive:

2 Likes

Man that poor little Mini2. I’m sure that should be classed as Drone Abuse Chris :thinking: lol

1 Like

And there’s me thinking ‘Rich just threw down the gauntlet’ :joy:

At the end the day … it’s just plastic :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I will report myself to the RSPCD immediately :confounded:

Only had it 40 days :laughing:

I am more gutted about the lack of speed, than the crash. After all that, 10mph slower than my current record :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Oh really!? That was your top end? 62? :worried:

2 Likes

Yep. 62mph for Malik Mini 2 is just not acceptable :unamused:

3 Likes

Wow, I was expecting 90’s :worried: sorry about the crash.
Good luck with the fix. :+1:

2 Likes

Me too. I feel robbed :joy:

1 Like

Stick some Disney plasters over the flesh wound and get her back up there :+1:t2:

1 Like

My thoughts exactly, Steve! :joy:

1 Like

I worked out why the lack of speed, well … certainly a contributing factor. I got the wind direction wrong :man_facepalming:

What a plonker. As such, I have re-donned the Plonker badge :confounded:

3 Likes

I can appreciate that with a stonking great gale blowing up the aircraft’s jacksie it may be compelled to move faster than normal but a one way run surely doesn’t constitute a speed record.

Shouldn’t it be a two-way run, there and back again, to average or cancel out atmospheric effects to give a true speed record?

1 Like

In 4 out of 5 of my ‘official’ atti runs, the drone physically cannot come back due to the head wind (and one minor incident where it crashed into the side of a hill).

Wish five oh had given me the same opportunity to come back up the street , I’d have done 24 to even it out avoid the speed awareness course

2 Likes

Wow, gutted for you, I was hoping you would get close to to 80.

2 Likes