CAA recognition

More like And getting caught in the rain.
Given the weather in UK.

I’d support the above with A16.

I’d support Article 16 application by GADC

Jesus, you could run yer car on raki ( always offered as a shot after dinner ) :joy::joy::joy:

That would be a truly sensible measure and wholeheartedly has my unconditional support!
…and would go some way to restoring a little of my faith in the CAA.

1 Like

How are things proceeding with this application ?

I for one will be 100% behind this application as I loth the idea of having to support another club when this is the best one going ( IMO )

I’m now looking into BMFA as I have taken custody of an Air2, article 16 would make sense to open open a few more flight locations. I shall hold off a little while and see what comes of this. I’d rather give my money to this place if it goes ahead.

1 Like

FPV UK offers Article 16 coverage too, but as you say, it would be nice if it was available here (but I’m sure it’s not a simple process!!)

1 Like

Early adopter but still an FPVUK member for A16.

How is GADC A16 coming along?

I hate to say it, but scroll up a little :wink:
https://greyarro.ws/t/already-got-public-liability-insurance-from-elsewhere-get-up-to-12-months-free-cover-by-becoming-an-insured-member-of-grey-arrows-drone-club/69305/4?u=budgieuk

It’s discussed a few posts above

Hi, having just purchased a DJI Avata Pro-View Combo I have been doing my research about where I can fly it and learned about Article 16.

I already own a Mini 3 Pro and an Air 2S and of course having to rely on category A3 for the Air 2S and the Avata is less than ideal so Article 16 access would make a massive difference to the places I can fly locally.

I am definitely interested in GADC having Article 16 authorisation, is there any news on if/when this might happen?

Thanks, Joe

There is no news that we can share publicly at this time.

Until we have something concrete that we can share, we recommend joining BMFA and taking advantage of their Article 16 Authorisation in the short term.

FPVUK is cheaper than BFMA and has Article 16 exemption too.

Not to be confused with ‘Authorisation’, which is what it really is.

Hi All,
Just upgraded to insured membership. I would definately like the club to push for this as article 16 opens a lot of benefits. Also we wouldnt have to join other clubs to benefit from it. Go for it I say!

3 Likes

yes I too would love it under one roof (and probably cheaper overall!). I’m sure the guys behind the scenes working towards it, but it’s unlikely to be quick, etc! Lot’s of work they put in keeping this place going as well as it does!

Just updated my FPUK only because they have Article 16 . I would deffo like it all under one roof and give my money to this club every year

3 Likes

When will Grey Arrows offer Article 16 authorization to its members?

@Duggie we have moved your post to the existing thread where this is being discussed (scroll up a few posts for the latest) and where updates will be shared.

Yes, been studying this. Great assert for GADC.