Chernobyl Drone Flying Trip 2023

Makes me wanna try FPV :heart_eyes: hope you guys are planning on sharing :laughing:

You have no chance, they @group-fpv would be scared in case you are better than them :joy:

He had his chance but he didn’t turn up :rofl:

Scared of a little rain… :joy:

That’s why I’m suggesting June, I was planning April but there’s a chance of rain :weary::joy:

FYI, if London Gatwick is to far afield I’m sure other airports can be arranged, we’d just have to meet up on the other side. :+1:

Direct flights from Manchester daily with RyanAir

2 Likes

Autumn for the colours (bit colder though)

1 Like

Not for us Northern Monkeys :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

“Restricted” and “Ukraine” in the same sentence don’t mix :wink:

I have been to Ukraine more times than I can count. In my experience, outside of Kiev, even if there are rules - no one bats an eyelid if you break them … because everyone does. And if you get pulled, you just give them some dosh. They prefers dollars or pounds. $10 is plenty.

I can still remember my first visit though. Amazed, terrified and confused … all at once. Kiev is like any UK city with regards to hotels, shopping, roads, etc. But the further you go out, the more ‘back in time’ things become, and the roads deteriate pretty quickly. If you’re on a guided tour bus, you’ll be fine - just give the driver a good tip. But cars are crazy out there, over taking on the left and right, at the same time. There are 2’ iron crosses at the roadside every KM or so, I ended up asking what they were, and was told they were ‘car accidents’.

Personally, I wouldn’t worry about a drone permit in Ukraine. Hell, they don’t even care if you have drivers license. Since '91 (independence), no-one pays car tax, insurance, etc. It’s a beautiful country, loads of lovely people, but full of corruption - especially those in positions with power. As an example, the customs lady tried to take all my money in Kiev airport once. Just along as you keep your witts about you, especially if out drinking. I learnt the hard way :wink:

Good luck, you’ll have a blast (no pun intended) :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Wayne, :wink: tryna get people on board not put them off lol :joy:

I’ll be sure to carry some extra dosh, for when we get in trouble :smiling_imp:

You not joining us with your vast experience? :face_with_monocle:

I’m sure you will give us all a Glowing report :wink:

I dunno what I’m doing for Christmas, let alone in 2023. I will see nearer the time.

Just spoke to the mrs, sounds like I can make it. She wants to visit her family in the Carpathians, so we’ll head out together, then I work out how to meet up with you all there. Work in progress, but it’s the makings of a plan :wink:

1 Like

Hi Steve @McSteamy2010
Whilst, like you, I’ve had a fascination with this place and would love to go but at this moment in time I can’t justify the 900 odd squids it will cost. :frowning_face:
So regrettably I’m saying no now but will be watching developments in case the sutuation changes.
Cheers
Steve

PS It’s great that your post hasn’t been pulled yet :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

Birmingham would at least save me travelling to London and probably having to get hotels down there which would save me an extra £100+ I expect on top of the current price, so if there’s options to go via different airports and still do transport to the main hotel and stuff, then it would be a bonus. But push comes to shove it’s not a deal breaker.

Is most likely where I would head to. Are you thinking about it @milkmanchris ?

1 Like

Update on using other airports.
This may be wrong but from what I can see

I believe any non London airport the flights will be indirect.

This may change some minds.

1 Like

I was thinking of this trip, but never flying with RyanAir again.

Direct From Manchester as @milkmanchris has said

2 Likes

Oh, ok. Might have to break my rule if it’s only a tenner! :rofl:

2 Likes