Could someone 3D print something for me please?

Nice one dude. thx a lot

@cst3x6

Can you DM me your address please?
Thanks
Steve

Should be able to get them in the post today :+1:

4 Likes

Thats looking great!!! thx so much for helping out!!

Make a sketch of it, dimension every part, include some pictures too, I’ll print it for you… :grin:

Cheaper to buy a new suitcase - or claim on the airline that damaged it :wink:

2 Likes

@Njoro
thank you very much for that for that i’ll do it within the hour.
@DroneGeek
If I had have realised it was more than a "bung’ when we got home, that is what i would have done, alas it’s a few weeks ago and only yesterday realised it was something more.

:+1:

You may have longer than you think to claim. I think it is 5 weeks with BA for example.

@Njoro
Here you go, the images as requested. Hopefully they come through ok? M

ore in next post.

@Njoro

I’ll get onto this later, need to get some gardening done while the sun is shinning…

Is that diameter 20mm?

yes it is 20mm.

@Speedbird

I’m away to cook, have a look at these pictures, there’s couple of measurements I’ll comfirm with you later.

2 Likes

WOW, Flippin’ 'eck they look better than the real thing.
You are a genius

I’ll take that compliment as at my age I don’t get many… :rofl:

To finalise so that I can print it, what diameter hole does this fit into and is there a pin that fits into the hole?

@Njoro
The square bit goes through a square hole in the case (from outside to in) but the circular hole down the middle is made by the screwing a self tapping screw holding another piece on top of it, so a small maybe 1-2mm hole will suffice.

Ok I’ll reduce it down to 2mm, also are you able to measure the square hole it slots into? I’ve had to guess the thickness of the 4 small ridges.

If you’re happy with this I’ll print it with PETG at 100% infill as it’s a little stronger than PLA, ABS would be better but I’ve not setup an ABS profile as yet.

The raised ‘ridges’ on the sides are nominal no more than 0.5 mm proud.

Am I happy? Popes and Catholics, bears and woods. Of course i’m happy it looks great. As for the material, that bit was Chinese to me sorry LOL

That’s so funny…… :rofl::rofl:

I’ll check, I’m sure I’ve done it at .5mm, I’ll fire the printer a little later on, off to make pancake mix first.

I’ve only got PETG in red, does that suit you sir?, I’ll do four though…