Entry level printer

Is there one? I have no idea how they work, and what they can potentially do, what I do know is that i have a missing plastic part from a suitcase that the maker cannot supply so might see if i can make one with a basic printer setup.
So that’s my question, entry level (much cheapness)
Good day!
Mike

There is your first problem :point_up_2:

These things aren’t plug and play :scream:

This is the one I have just acquired which is an entry-level but competent and upgradeable printer

You could design the part and ask someone to print it for you

@Sparkyws
So, these machines can’t automatically copy what I, for example just take to it, there is also designing?
Lots more user input than i expected.
Like Dragons’ Den, I’m out!
Sticking to drones.
Mike

maybe if you have £££££££ to blow on a 3D scanner but even then its not part of the printer. So you’d need both.

as @Sparkyws said these are not plug and play and they are an actual hobby in them selves that require a lot of research and time investment to get the most out of them.

they also take hours to print even the smallest of parts.

@DeanoG60
Thanks, that’s my previous comments even more reinforced :grinning:

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: Could someone 3D print something for me please?

I got a Creality 6-SE which was fairly plug and play. Two sections to be connected and I was up and running. It has the auto levelling built in and other things like Octoprint I added much later. Sdcard prints get you going!

I’ve a couple, but like previously said they aren’t plug and play… I’ve had them a couple of years and still not got into making drone parts.