Creality V4.2.7 Silent Motherboard Mainboard Ender 3 Pro 3D

Thanks mate, plenty of questions coming as I’ve several upgrades to add this week.

New motherboard, touchscreen controller, self-levelling, metal extruder and the buffers.

Should keep me busy.

1 Like

I haven’t done the touch screen mod, would guess you’re going to need firmware to support touch screen.

Yeah, gonna need to do lots of youtube watching and reading up on some of these upgrades.

The first upgrade will be the motherboard as the other upgrades mostly won’t work without that.

Might be something that i tackle at the weekend as I’ve got a vista to install in my cinelog25 first😓

1 Like

Upgraded silent motherboard, metal extruder bits and touchscreen so far.

Quite surprised how straight forward it was just following YouTube videos and all works.

Next upgrade is the one touch levelling then time to configure steps etc.

Literally plug and play then download the firmware on to memory card and it works! Was surprised at how easy it was

Howard , I yet to do mine , what was plug n play then flash the firmware , was it your touch levelling …and what make was it … was it the creality cr touch?

All of my upgrades apart from the self levelling fitted.

They’ve all been pretty easy, plug and play.
I just loaded the software to my sd card.

Self levelling I believe is the same. I’ll be doing that this weekend

Congrats !! :+1: I will be attempting mine over the weekend as well … :smiley:

1 Like

Ok, 4.27 motherboard installed along with the duel drive Extruder … Now the motherboard came with Creality firmware as the provider informed me with Creality CR Touch Auto Mesh Bed Levelling Probe software already pre installed…
Thats my next purchase

still awaiting for my silicone bed levelling columns …

So I have levelled the bed and did my first print and wow … a lot quieter …

Maybe a colour screen next …

1 Like

There’s two upgrades for a screen you can get.

The touchscreen and one with a screen and knob.

Get the 2nd one. The touchscreen is ok but not as great as I’d thought it would be

1 Like

So your saying this one is better to get Howard…

Actually just watched and there’s no difference apart from the knob! One on eBay is £30 think
I paid slightly more

1 Like

Ok, Latest update …

I have installed a dual gear extruder feeder and honestly it was crap, it chewed into the filament it was sqeaking it is terrible … So I purchased a red single gear extruder and thats perfect , quiet and dont chew up the filament …I am happy with that …
Motherboard fitted, silicon bed mounts to replace springs … brilliant … Also fitted insulation pad on bottom of heat plate … seems ok …
so far all ok , Creality BL Touch next :+1:

1 Like

Nice work and good update.

I’ve done all upgrades apart from the silicon bed mounts.

Prints a lot quieter and better quality now.
Couldn’t be arsed with further calibration for the bed mounts - just yet.

The dual extruder can be a little fiddly. The cog just needs adjusting as does the spring to stop chewing of the filament

1 Like

:point_up_2:t2: this :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes I have adjusted about 5 times even a walkthrough youtube video and it still squeaks and slightly chews the filament … so purchased a metal red single and walla been printing nicely and quiet … no problem feeding filament … so im happy …

The only issue I have with the 4.27 board is that you cant purge the filament like the old way … the option is missing on the controller screen …

Well I fitted the silicone mounts , calibrated and walla I have not calibrated for 3 days and ive done 5 prints , excellent … much better than springs…

this will be the firmware not the board :+1:t2:

the nightly builds that I posted before will have an actual filament change option.

also you can still purge the filament by using the move option just move the extruder +10

1 Like

Thanks for that Deano I will try tomorrow …

:+1:

I must admit prints are much quieter and much better print adding all these upgrades …I am well chuffed!! :smile:

once you have the ABL probe fitted, it will be set and forget :ok_hand:t2:

also another good upgrade is octoprint you install it on a raspberry pi and it means you can control and monitor your printer remotely :grin: but thats a pretty in depth upgrade, but worth looking into if you get a spare hour here and there :+1:t2:

1 Like