Dean from Portsmouth

Hello guys/girls First time drone owner got my Mini 3 Pro on release day and been loving it so far, I decided to take up a new hobby and i been watching a youtuber for some time now and decided to take the plunge.

Im here to look at some of your great pictures and get idea for some great areas to film/picture also what would also be great is meet some follow drone pilots in the Portsmouth area.

Hope to see you around, safe flying.

2 Likes

Hi @HEX5555 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

2 Likes

Hi @HEX5555 - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hiya mate, welcome from the Black Country.

1 Like

Welcome from sunny Hayling Island - 4 miles east and 40 years behind Portsmouth :slight_smile:

I’m a wee bit busy at the moment as one of the team running the Birthday Challenge, click the link and have a look,

It might seem daunting at first but it’s very simple. We aren’t looking for phot skills. All you have to do is picture various items and the associated bonuses to gain points. The top prize is £200 and it’s a great way to meet a cross section of the GADC community. It runs for seven weeks and you have only missed the first few days so no problems in keeping up :slight_smile:

If you are still after any help come September send me a message, I’m free most days.

wow thank you, will look at this, is that link to what i need to do?

It’s hours of reading fun! Basically it’s work out where you will find these things and then photograph them. You can ask in the thread itself for advice or message @Challenges_Committee directly. They will be kind to a newcomer the first couple of times … :slight_smile:

Thank you, it does look fun.

…creates a new account for the competition :joy: :joy:

Hi Dean,

I’m also relatively new to the drone scene, having been hooked when my brother-in-law visited with his Mini 2.

I’m in Waterlooville, not to far away. There seem to be quite a few members in the local area - perhaps we could arrange a meet up?

2 Likes

Well count me in be awesome to meet up.