Dji go 4 app won’t start

I think you need to visit the forum and click on the download links, instead of trying everything via email.

1 Like

ok I’ll give that a try mate many thanks

Tried to download from forum pages getting message go 4 won’t load as it has a bug try again when dji fix problem or something along those lines.

I am using dji go app on an ipad mini 4 and it works with a phantom 3 I have ( 90%). I say that because, when I fire up the phantom, controller and the app, I am not told it has updated the home position. However once up in the air it largely come back to where it started.

Back to your issue, have you updated all of the software on the three items, drone, controller and the app? secondly, have you updated tablet / phone base OS?.

What tablet / phone are you using for this?

Can you post a screen shot of the message

1 Like

Agreed, nobody can help you with an error message that’s “something along those lines” :grimacing:

People need solid details please @swfc1867

what i did was delete DJI app then down loaded again from the info that came with it and hay oh worked a treat

I’m using a Samsung A52s as I was before I simply tried to start the app but when I tap the app it just goes onto background picture then app icons reappear it was fine before no idea why it has stopped working.

What more details do you need?

This has just started happening on my galaxy s21 with dji fly. Open the app and it crashes and exits. I have deleted/uninstalled and tried rolling back to 1.4.2, no joy. EDIT, I posted that the dronetweaks version is working, thats incorrect!!! I have to use litchi on my phone, dji apps will NOT work. I can only think it is a problem with android as it occured after an automatic update.

What version of Android is showing on the phone. Interested as my S21 Ultra is running fine as posted above. Use my S10 as a flight phone anyway and I’m not updating that but interested in what’s causing it.

'Android 12. Fly app v1.5.10…updated to v1.6.9. App started OK, updated flight records. ’
Phone on Android 12 security patch 1 August 2022

Android 12. It doesn’t matter which version of the fly apk I try. All do the same. It was working fine a couple of weeks ago as I used it in bright sunshine cos the screen is brighter than my tablet

Great news dji sent me a temporary code to download and this time it has worked so will be able to get out flying again when it’s stopped raining :+1: :grinning: thanks for all of your help everyone.

1 Like

A failsafe might be a cheap ipad mini 4 off ebay. I run my m2zoom with the latest Go4 no problem.

Just a note.
A while back when i had an issue, just restarting the phone after an installation didn’t work but actually shut the phone done and do a full reboot did. Just in case it helos anyone.

An android 12 security update broke Fly and Go4.
Both updated versions on the DJI website (NOT play store) seem to work on it.

Also Android 13 is out and rolled out to many devices. The latest DJI Fly does work on 13 but Go4 does not at this time.

I came here looking for a solution as I have Android 13 and a new phone (Pixel 7 Pro) and can’t get DJI Go 4 to load.

I’m off on half term holibobs next week and first time firing up the drone in ages and I can’t as the app keeps crashing. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting (hard and soft), checked I have the latest version and then spotted that the Download Center - DJI page has a newer version.

Not fully tested yet, but I can say that the app now opens, and I can sign in.

At time of writing, that version is v4.3.52

2 Likes

Unfortunately although the app starts the video lag makes it unusable.
You get 1-2 seconds of live feed then 30+ of grey frozen screen.
Its the same issue they had on the Pixel 6 they didn’t bother fixing.

Ive just got a Pixel 7 Pro and found this out.

Other apps like Litchi do work on the P7P so although you lose a lot of functionality they’re the only way to fly if its your only device.

Ahh well, then my works iPhone it is then :frowning:

The joys of a dedicated (7 year old) drone-phone that never gets updated … OS or Go4. :+1:

I always know it will work. :wink: