DJI Goggles - Focus fixers

So, I’ve bought some of those cheap £1 store reading glasses to see what diopter works for me in the Goggles - turns out I need 3 - 3.5 for a perfectly clear screen - however, as soon as I take the goggles off for landing I can see sod all! So I’ve just bought some of the 3D printed eBay jobbies that clip into the goggles - has anybody else tried them?

I only have a very mild prescription - and only for reading, it surprised me how out of focus my super close up vision is - focal point is about 9" for the Goggles.

I’ll let you know if they work when they arrive :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have a rummage through this thread - I know there was talk about clipping in lenses.

1 Like

Aye - the eBay link in that thread is where I bought mine from - the chap charged me full price for one set and a fiver for the second set :+1:

1 Like

I made my own, they work perfectly, I just need to use them more that’s all.

1 Like

Do your eyes struggle to re-adjust when you take the goggles off?

I read the other thread but I’ve not seen much in the way of reported experience from anyone.

Having bought a pair of race edition goggles I found that the screen has a very slight blur to it whether I use glasses or not. That being said I have only tried them briefly for about 15 mins not really had a Chance to test them out fully yet😆

Not that I’ve noticed, I did try +2.50 with the glasses but I can’t remember if I went with a +2 or +3 with the ones I made now.

Jon, Do you wear glasses anyway, for reading etc?

Only need them for really close up work dont normally use them for reading tho

Get some cheap readers from Poundland at +1 and -1 over the ones you have to try, I think the ones I have are stronger than my reading glasses that I hardly wear fro reading anyway.

Yep might give that a try. Keep meening to go back to spec savers for a checkup see how much has changed its the midlife man thing apparently. Personally i just think everbody makes the small print smaller to generate a bit of work for the opticians. Lol

2 Likes

Ha - I’m the other way around.

Had varifocals for years, and even the multi focal contact lenses for many years (that were absolutely superb!!).

The best they can do with contact lenses no longer covers my aging eyes’ inability to focus over as big a range as they used to, so it’s been glasses … that I put down when I’m doing fiddly close-up DIY work … and then tread on them … or can’t find an hour later.

About to change tack, totally …

Going for mono-focal (distance) contact lenses / glasses.

I can take glasses off for close up - and I can focus just close enough for instrument panel when driving - and when wearing contact lenses (mainly walking/trekking in the rain) I can pop on cheap reading glasses if I need to read or do something close-up and fiddly.

That just leaves photography as the issue … since I hate using glasses and corrector lenses are so stupidly expensive for camera eyepieces. :angry:

1 Like

I’ve found the £1 shop reading glasses are superb for close-work and with the added bonus of looking like Harry potter :wink:

im not the harry potter type i like to look sinister behind my glasses. lol

1 Like

Right then - having used the goggles for 2 days with the eBay 3D printed focus fixers I can state that they work absolutely perfectly.
As long as you check what adjustment you need you should be very happy.
(Apart from looking like a Storm Trooper™)
I got mine here.

3 Likes

I bought mine from the same seller.

But that was before he dropped the price to £15 :roll_eyes:

1 Like

We need a “Paid Over the Odds” badge? :wink:

2 Likes

Hopefully i wont need any soon assuming that my laser treatment all goes to plan !!!:wink::wink:

My brother, who’s had 8 dioptre glasses all his life, had laser the other day.
Totally brilliant!

When out and about he still wears 0 dioptre glasses to protect his eyes that have been protected from drafts for 77 years … and without them his eyes water non-stop.
But at indoors he doesn’t need anything now.

Unfortunately he’s subsequently suffered a detached retina that being reluctant to respond to treatment, which is a bummer!

I hope yours goes as well! :+1:

2 Likes

Cheers Dave i am having it done mainly for my drone flying ! Thats how sad i am…:wink::wink:

1 Like