DJI (Mavic) Mini 2

Love the video, it means loads more confidence for newbs like me. Only managed 6 minutes since I got the 2 and have been holding off due to 20mph gusts (and rain!). This has helped massively.

1 Like

@macspite @pao1os @R0CKEYES Thanks guys; think next vid will be “Why you can’t ignore that ESC Motor error” :rofl:

I’d been waiting all day for it to stop raining; this was between 4 - 4:30. The actual footage was so dark; had to lighten in Premier Pro. Plus the Mic unplugging… I had so much swearing to mute out on this vid :rofl:

2 Likes

@ianinlondon - just out of interest Ian - what version of the Fly App were you using and was it the same for both the Mini 1 & 2 ??

Great honest video - as usual - thanks for sharing :+1: :+1: :+1:

@Jhdee 1.2.1. Same phone used for both :+1:t2:

2 Likes

And are you going to do a “proper” comparison in the wind or had enough after that one? :rofl:

2 Likes

Doing a vid on ‘Changing props on the Mini and the importance of heeding the ESD error message’, then doing another proper comparison on the next windy day! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I do love your video’s, down to earth and practical without the daft music or graphics. Hit the right tone and never impenetrable. Love the dogs too.

4 Likes

@pao1os Cheers Paul! :cowboy_hat_face:

Enjoy your video’s Ian always taking screenshots of them to remember your suggested settings.:grin:, I remember follow you when you by the bramble cliffs few years back as that was when followed your advice and fitted a tracker on the bird :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

Flew the bird tonight when pitch black as I’ve not had one dry day since buying the yoke, :flushed: oh baby I love it, took a picture of the house and picked it up from high up no problems in pure darkness so cannot wait for daytime video and picture.

DJI goggles are the only reason I will keep hold of the Mavic pro as the goggles are a dream.

No editing took picture by guessing from a dim glow from living room light, when looking later on phone suggested from original to lighter version so saved both.

2 Likes

I much prefer the original one. Btw, great adventure to have the first flight at night. Watch out about and make a mental calculation of where cables or even trees can be, at night you cannot see them

Yes agree the phone made the second pic very noisy :+1:

I kept it high as hills are all around on top of me, with the Mavic pro would drop signal alot but not once with this baby👍

Love how they designed the antennas into the phone holder, found by accident the shortcut to zoom in the controller as I hate putting my big Shrek fingers on the screen to use zoom, i wonder if there’s any other hidden combination I’ve missed😳

It’s chucking it down today so fingers crossed this weekend.

1 Like

Took mine out yesterday. So impressed with how it flies and the transmission quality. It was mid to late afternoon and not the best light yet the video and image quality seem pretty good to me. I’ll drop a video in at some point.

What struck me was that I was concerned that I wouldn’t be able to see it at distance but I had it out over 200m away and could still see it and reacquire it after looking away.

Very pleased!

1 Like

Quick YouTube video regarding video and image quality:

2 Likes

Unboxed my Mini 2 this afternoon and the one thing that surprises me is missing is a 2nd USB-C cable to daisy chain the controller to the combo charger. I’ve got plenty of those cables but I would have expected it as standard. Without it, you can’t daisy chain the controller and leave it all charging.

2 Likes

Yeah I had to buy said cable as an extra so I could get the mini ipad on the rack as a cotrol screen.

1 Like

The feeling of opening the Mini for the first time, as a new DJI owner, was quite exhilarating. Everything I needed, except straps for the case and a landing pad.

The Mini 2 feels aimed at the upgrade market with the Mavic Mini the entry-level, for now. Not the same Wow feeling opening the box, except for the included case.

Looking forward to favourable tides & wind this week to give it a try.

The too big, useless bag.

Must have made too many for the MA2’s

2 Likes

Anyone know if an ipad mini 4 will fit into the phone holder of the mini 2

1 Like

Nah it won’t fit in the standard holder. It maxs out at around 85mm, maybe 90mm at a push

1 Like

Various tablet adaptors are available mate:

There’s a bunch to chose from on Thingiverse too, if you have access to a 3D printer.

e.g.:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4369176

3 Likes