DJI (Mavic) Mini 2

:+1:t2:

4 Likes

Thanks, I’m learning all over again and made the quickshot mistakes already on centering and 4k settings.:flushed:

1 Like

Took mine out for the first time today, quite impressed so far. A few things I’ve learned for next time.

It creates more folders on the SD card than photo import software looks for (Windows 10, any recommendations for software that will copy across all new files from an SD card?)

Apparently the jpg+raw setting is not a single on/off setting, it needs to be set for different modes e.g. normal camera and panorama. Haven’t tried it but read about it when I couldn’t find the panorama DNG files.

4x zoom isn’t worth it, all I can see are fluffy bundles of wool, not sheep.

Don’t put the bag next to the landing pad when landing. It affected the air on the landing pad and the 2 decided to skim over the surface towards the bag. Stopped it when it had only had chance to cut a few blades of grass and not hit the bag.

I thought sheep were fluffy bundles of wool?

5 Likes

Should be renamed 4x crop

3 Likes

@milkmanchris @Crackerjack True, altho the zoom function works if you’re not shooting in 4k. A lot of people still shoot in 2.7 or 1080p (remember blu-rays
 They were 1080 :slight_smile: ) as it’s easier to edit & playback on everyday PCs and laptops.
If you’re in those lower resolution modes, then the digital zoom really is a lossless zoom as it’s making use of pixel redundancy in those modes.

4 Likes

New comparison done. And have now probably helped to further the dilemma for original Min owners on whether to upgrade or not, as the original Mini did way better than I was expecting 
 :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Got them coming out of my ears, this week I ‘needed’ a VCR. They’re like rocking horse shit. The one I had kept boxed in the loft for such emergencies didn’t survive the last 10 years up there.

1 Like

As always Ian is the man to watch. I am very new to this side of the hobby. I do have 50 years in the Aeromodelling side. Probably why I sometimes talk bollocks. :grin:. Things move on.

2 Likes

I’ve got a VCR to DVD recorder I don’t use.

GPC cases

Mmmm

:drooling_face:

Note the battery cutouts on the right hand side:

That section is removable, for those who have the charging hub:

A sheet telling you what goes in each compartment, and the two recesses under the drone and under the controller:

Snug as a bug and now properly protected:

Oh, heads up btw, note the folding charger plug in the above photo. As per usual, the stupid shape UK plug that DJI invented doesn’t fit this case. Folding plug required :roll_eyes:

In terms of the footprint, it’s not much bigger than the manbag either:

In both dimensions :+1:t2:

Sorted.

11 Likes

But you do look like you’re transporting a small nuclear device :grin:

2 Likes

TIDY!! Like that mate :ok_hand:

Flew two-ie again today and checked the Fly app for the Charge option, used apparently to tell the controller whether to charge the phone while connected, or not. I have an Android phone and if the Charge option is available, it’s well hidden. My phone was being charged all the time.

I believe on android charging is always on.
Whereas with apple it has to be specifically enabled.

1 Like

I would like to know from the mini 2 owners now you have had it for a while what are your honest thoughts on it ? Was it worth it ?
I own a M2P that’s my go to drone and I owned a original mini but I sold that a while ago but I’m thinking a mini 2 might be added especially with the new rules coming but was going to wait and see what happens and what happens with the CE mark , I watch a lot of YouTube vids but now after a few of you have owned a mini 2 for a while I wondered how you are all getting on with it hence the question, the new rules will not really affect me much as I’m all done with CAA and I always fly in the country side but I do miss the portability of the mini.
Any thoughts great fully received especially as jessops have a sale on lol.

Moved your post to the general Mini 2 discussion thread.

This search will also throw up other threads that may be of interest.

1 Like

Personally I love it. It flies really well, it seems to handle blustery conditions and the video is good. (Just discovered today though that there is a glitch with 4K footage which causes an artefact).

I also prefer the controller to that on my 2 Pro, easier to grip and easier to mount the phone. No issues with the video feed although I haven’t been further out than 500 metres.

But given the glitch, which seems to common to all Mini 2s, it may be worth waiting to see what DJI do about it unless you don’t shoot 4K.

3 Likes

Don’t suppose there’s any thread to spot bargains on this? I’ve had luck saving £££ buying from European versions of Amazon but can’t see any cheap options at the moment.