DJI (Mavic) Mini 2

Does anyone know about buying from Very.com?

They claim to have 10% off your first order if you sign up to their credit scheme: https://www.very.co.uk/first-order-discount.page

I’m just concerned about whether they would honour the DJI warranty…

Or does anyone know about the low prices on Tecobuy?

I know a few folk on here have used Very without any issues. I’m sure someone will come along shortly to confirm that.

Ned

Personally, I’d be cautious…

3 Likes

I have had good luck in the past with similar sellers but usually I’ll pay the extra for piece of mind. At the moment I’m considering Very which has the Mini 2 at £378 (£399 at Amazon) and the Mini 2 Fly More at £495.

Lots.

I’ve bought TV’s iPads, iPhones Apple Watches and a Mavic Pro from them (the opening discount was 20% a few years ago, and does come around now and again).

The only issue I have had was with a BT Whole Wifi set up that died after a year, during a firmware update, spoke to them, they put me in touch with BT support and after a web chat a return/refund was issued straight away, the only slight niggle was that the refund was issued to my credit account, but soon got spent on other stuff.

Top tip, don’t pay off in full straight away, play the installments game, but pay before the 3/6/9/12 months is up and they then like to send you tempting offers like 10 and sometimes 20 percent off your next order.

Having been bitten by the Chinese online stores (BangGood) on a high cost item, I wont use them again for anything of value.

2 Likes

Tecobuy’s website has an address in Hong Kong. No need to dig into Whois :wink: Warranty items need to be sent back to Hong Kong at your cost, not theirs, and they say you are responsible for the items in transit i.e. if its expensive, you need to insure it.

I wouldn’t spend more than a few £ with them.

2 Likes

I’ve just recently ordered a Mini 2 (with the 10% off deal), arrived on time and seemed a fairly straightforward process. Not had the drone in the air yet, so hoping not to have to test out any potential aftercare issues…

2 Likes

Tecobuys domain extension suggests a UK based business. We both know it’s not and good for them putting their Hong Kong address on the website.

The .co.uk is used to mislead customers. As there’s an attempt to mislead, I’d take anything written on a web page with a pinch of salt.

And yes, I’m really cynical/suspicious by nature.

Ned

3 Likes

You’ve come to the right place

3 Likes

My wife is forever clicking adverts on Facebook for clothes, jewlery, kitchen gadgets etc.

She says “but they’re in the UK…” (because the site ends .co.uk) and yet the Contact Us page doesn’t have a phone number, postal address, nothing…

Handing over my name, address, card details etc to a completely unknown entity is simply not a risk I’d take for the sake of saving a few quid.

3 Likes

Exactly that!!

2 Likes

Any updates on litchi and the mini 2? Anything in the pipeline?

Didn’t it take best part of a year for them to release it for the mini, can’t imagine we’ll see it before Q3 this year

2 Likes

Got the GPC for the M2 Pro love it, where did you get the MM2 from if you don’t mind me asking @PingSpike

Everyday’s a school day.

Just playing with the mini 2 and noticed the rear LED is actually a button.

(You’d know this if you read the manuals) well I haven’t read the manual. :joy:

It’s for changing between WiFi and Accusync (when powered on) and battery levels (when switched off)

Just my bit of info for the day, if like me the manual is still in the box in the loft.

4 Likes

I got it from here:

https://goprofessionalcases.com/shopcases/dji-cases/dji-mavicmini2.html

1 Like

You know you can change the colour of the front LED to pink too, right? :wink:

2 Likes

Haha already discovered. I picked rainbow :rainbow: :tipping_hand_man:

2 Likes