DJI (Mavic) Mini 2

:rofl:

1 Like

Just to put the 249g weight in to perspective, the X5 camera on the Inspire weighs 460g.

1 Like

We all know you wont

3 Likes

Not a fan of the manbag, any case recommendations anyone?

2 Likes

I really like the man bag :flushed: lol

1 Like

Suit you sir.

3 Likes

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, theyā€™re claiming itā€™s actually 242g:

1 Like

That would be SO cool! I really hope it will!

Yeah I saw that on someoneā€™s video, Flytpath perhaps?

Itā€™s got 249g stamped on the side arm like the Mini 1 though :man_shrugging:

@PingSpike Neither was I until I used it hiking. I know youā€™re not usually happy unless you have a hard case with space for eight batteries and 2 fire extinguishers, but in this case, try it out when you go for a walk and youā€™ll forget youā€™re even carrying itā€¦

8 Likes

Have to say the range on the mini 2 is alot better had mine 2km away and still had solid connection even did a quick shot while that far away.
Im uk based so stuck with CE not FCC.

With the mini 2 hitting those kinds of distances, do we really need FCC?

We do in noisy signal areas.

1 Like

Massive regional power-cuts work, too! :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™ve just gone and pulled the trigger on a Mini 2. Picking it up from Currys on Monday. Iā€™m really going to have to shift this Mini 1 of mine! Better stick it up in the for sale section.

Booze is a hell of a motivator to get the old credit card out.

I really hope they release a Smart Controller upgrade to let me fly the Mini 2 with it! But thereā€™s enough good stuff with the Mini 2 that I think itā€™s worth an upgrade. RAW, obstacle avoidance in particular for me.

3 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like

I got the impression it has additional sensors? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Edit. Apparently not. Must steer clear of trees then.

4 Likes

Just had a cheeky little flight in my garden with the Mini 2! Flies like a Mavic! Doesnā€™t climb very fast, and I found it had a bit of yaw drift but it was pitch black!

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m a fan of the fly app coming from larger more capable drones though! Was looking for the manual photo settings but didnā€™t find them! Do they exist or is not something you can do in Fly?

I look forward to knocking up a little video tomorrow to see how it looks!