DJI (Mavic) Mini 2

Which bits, presuming the 2 is the same as the mini

1 Like

By far the weirdest part for me is having a controller with no antennas on it!

3 Likes

I love the controller. But yes, not having the antenas it’s a little weird.

2 Likes

Thanks @milkmanchris Ive found them now :wink: will check the video.

I must say I haven’t noticed the antennas!! I like the controller but it’s a shame it’s so bloody big!

I’ll have a go at a little video today.

2 Likes

Right; filming the unbox and first flight review, but have a spare half hour whilst it charges… :slight_smile:
First thoughts are that this is definitely better engineered than the original Mini; it’s not the same body as the legs are far sturdier and have very little flex. The rotors are also sturdier and don’t felx as much as the original Mini.
Beautiful still sunny day so won’t be doing any wind tests today, but will be getting it up in the sky in the next hour hopefully…
Cheers, Ian

7 Likes

My new mini 2 is currently on DHL making it’s way to me from DJI, hopefully by midweek. Can’t wait to get my hands on it but looking forward to your video in the meantime.

2 Likes

Have you the mini 2 up in the air yet?

1 Like

Which also leaves time to remove all the stickers from it :smiley:

2 Likes

Only in the back garden so far!

1 Like

First thoughts?

That the grass needs cutting, probably. :wink:

4 Likes

Nearly spat my coffee out then !!

1 Like

Well I caved yesterday and mine is due this afternoon. My excuse is that I can pop it in the camera bag and have a drone with me.

Truth is I just want another drone.

2 Likes

I just wish I had thought about Curry’s and Argos before ordering direct from DJI. Having said that, when I ordered my mini 1 last year it took weeks to arrive but from what I’ve seen the 2 is delivering much quicker.

By no means a professional edit! I did this on my iPad with iMovie and Luma for a laugh (very painful compared to final cut!)!

You might have to wait for YouTube to catch up with the 4K version! It’s still processing!

6 Likes

Do the mini 1 batteries fit in this?. As I understand it my Air 2 controller will operate it with the new fly app update. Although I haven’t updated the app yet. Iff they do fit, I may accidentally purchase one. :blush:

Reports so far indicate the Mini 1 batteries fit the Mini 2 but not the other way about

3 Likes

It appears one downside of using the Mini 1 batteries in the Mini 2 is that it takes the drone weight over the magic 250 gram limit. The Mini 2 batteries are lighter than Mini 1 batteries.
Standard weight of the Mini 2 ready for flight is 242 grams.

3 Likes

My Mini 2 arrived this morning so I have made a little video of the unbox and did a noise level test compared to my Mavic 2:

4 Likes

Sturdier legs; sturdier props; quieter (aka lower pitch); faster, rock solid signal AND adjustable yaw control as well as pitch… … so far so good…

5 Likes