DJI Mini 2 batteries are not auto-discharging

I contacted Argos today to explain the situation and enquire if I could swap my three batteries over for new ones.

They said they couldn’t replace just the batteries on their own but they could swap the entire Flymore combo (drone too).

Driver would be out between 7pm and 10pm tonight (Sunday!) to deliver a new drone and collect the old one.

How’s that for customer service eh?

9 Likes

I say “could/would”, as I declined their offer.

Nice to know a retailer of this size is on the ball though. They’ve clearly been taking advice from Amazon on returns.

3 Likes

Why did you decline? I may give this a try

1 Like

My drone flies just fine, I don’t want to replace and risk getting a dud thanks :blush:

(If it ain’t broke, and all that)

Sure, if the batteries do become and issue later in the year then I’ll be back in touch with them toot sweet :blush:

2 Likes

Just had two text messages confirming my replacement and confirming delivery tonight.

Chat agent clearly wasn’t paying attention :roll_eyes:

1 Like

As I bought mine from a store (just been on the phone to them), they said I would have to return to the store for a replacement or a refund tomorrow! I am in 2 minds now what to do :man_shrugging:

1 Like

What are the indications that any damage has occurred? I too have been storing my batteries in the charging hub but they appear to look and function normally.

Does anyone know what the tolerance is like for these things?

2 Likes

I’ve just been in their chat again and cancelled it.

I can’t see it being too much of an issue, DJI will have to replace millions(?) of batteries if this turns out to be a problem.

3 Likes

And thats the approach I’ll take when/if DJI say there is an issue ;o)

3 Likes

I think @PingSpike makes a great point ‘if it aint broke…’
I guess that you should consider how many times you have left the LIPO’s charged and unused for a number of days getting towards a week at a time and if that is more than say…15 times (your milage may vary) then do the swap.
How ever if it’s been minimal like a couple of days before the next flight I would go the other way.
BUT>>>>I’m completely new to this technology I just fail to believe its that fragile where baking the guidance here and there should spell disaster.
I assume they are holding charge and you are getting the right sort of flight time out of them?

2 Likes

Realistically, how much damage do we think a couple of months of storage in the hub could do? Presumably if and when a battery “fails”, it means it won’t charge rather than the drone immediately dropping out of the sky (so a safety issue) …

3 Likes

To be honest the battery thing has just pushed me over the edge!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have been thinking about returning it since I got it as one rear leg has been bugging me that it got too much play, even though it flys great, I just keep thinking it is only going to get worse!!

2 Likes

@Sparkyws
@Pavster
@Ayoub
@Fad_Flyer
@Diveuk
@Crackerjack
@wpbooth
@Skywanderer
@jacksona69

All posted at the sorting office today so should be on or around Tuesday.
@JeffV8 I posted yours at the local post box which doesn’t get collected until 10am tomorrow.

-Steve

7 Likes

@speatuk Thank you so much. :+1:

1 Like

The more you wiggle it the looser it will get

2 Likes

If you play with it too much, it will fall off!! :joy:

3 Likes

Topman @speatuk cheers mate.

2 Likes

Thank you so much Steve, legend!

2 Likes