Or
Wear VR goggles much more fun.

EDIT

So I have heard.
:innocent:

2 Likes

Many thanks again. Will advise when they arrive

1 Like

You are a star, thanks so much for that. Let me know how to refund any cost incurred.

Regard

Paul

1 Like

While I was already aware of this fact, after seeing a short video on YouTube from Ian in London, I thought it may prove useful to share it here, especially to Mini 2 owners who are NOT aware of the problem

“Don’t store your Mini 2 batteries in the drone of the charging hub”

You can watch the video from Ian in London here

Happy Flying

3 Likes

Great advice. I already do exactly that. After flying I charge all batteries then store them in the DJI Battery Safe Bag.

The Battery Safe Bag offers reliable storage, and transportation for batteries. It can effectively mitigate damage from combustion, reducing the possibility of igniting surrounding objects.

2 Likes

@Andy601960 your post has been moved to the existing thread on this subject.

1 Like

Take a look at the videos on YouTube with regards to lipo safe bags.

#eyeopener

1 Like

Yup, had a look. So batteries just as liable to burn your house down inside the bag, as outside. It’s not the bag that’s dangerous, it’s the batteries. And if taking the batteries abroad with your drone, they need to be in such a bag. But hey, everyone was born with the freedom to choose. I choose to use the bags.

1 Like

Both the Mini and Mini2 use Lithium Ion batteries , only the Mini2 uses Lithium Ion Polymer batteries. The Mini battery is made up of two Samsung 18650 25r Cells, which are common in many USB power banks. The mistake that DJI have made is to claim that the Mini2 charging Hub is also a power bank. They should have been more specific and said it can be used as a power bank if the batteries are inserted and not inferred that the charging hub is also a viable storage device for the batteries. It sort of stands to reason why the batteries do not self discharge in the hub as what is the use of a power bank that auto discharges. If DJI had been on top of things they should have released the Mini2’s charging hub without a USB output.

5 Likes

Just arrived as promised :grinning: Thanks @speatuk
Haven’t had chance to test it yet as my replacement Mini 2 with new batteries :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: came this morning and is still charging :frowning:

8 Likes

Just spotted this and after posting about not storing them in the hub, I printed off a batch. Perfect fit and an excellent solution to a problem, which should not actually be a problem in the first place. Not sure they will last very long, if you are constantly taking them out and putting them back in and not sure reversing them and shoving them in the wrong way round is such a good idea.The thin ridge that slides into the groove of the battery, will likely wear through case of the battery or worse, damage the hub. So yeah if you can, I would recommend printing these covers.

2 Likes

You pulled the trigger then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What would happen with the Care Refresh if one was to get a replacement?

1 Like

Discharge storage really shouldn’t be an issue for anyone. just turn the charged batteries around and push them down into the charging hub about 1cm to 2cm. Snug fit but no damage to either battery or hub.

1 Like

I’ll stick with the more elegant solution of just shoving them in the wrong way round. They go in so easily that I reckon it would take approximately five hundred years to wear through the battery case.

2 Likes

You contact DJI and ask them to move the Refresh to the new drone. There’s a thread or two on here (somewhere) about this subject.

3 Likes

@speatuk received mine Steve, thank you so much, they are perfect.

3 Likes

I couldn’t stop my trigger happy finger! I now have a new drone with new batteries :slightly_smiling_face:
Hopefully as good as the other

2 Likes

@speatuk arrived today, thank you again!!

2 Likes