DJI Mini 3 Pro firmware updates

Just had the same happen Mark. Getting toward the end of the pano it just locked up. Difference was I pressed the stop button then tried again and it worked ok the second time albeit slowly, (but that might have been because it was low light.)

2 Likes

so was up near mam tor last night and the drone disconnected and flew back to home pointt was kinda scaary tbh

New firmware update v01.00.0400, adds master shots to vertical shooting mode as well as some other small improvements and support for wide angle lens. The fly update enables RemoteID so some people may wish to avoid

1 Like

Date: 2022.10.26

Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0400

DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.14.0400

DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.02.0000

DJI RC Pro Remote Controller Firmware: v03.01.1000

DJI Fly App: v1.7.8

What’s New?

• Added support for FAA’s Remote ID requirements in the United States.
  • Added support for using MasterShots in portrait mode.
  • Added shutter priority and ISO priority for the camera in Pro mode.
  • Added support for adjusting style parameters such as sharpness and noise reduction.
  • Added support for using wide-angle lens.

Notes:

• When the firmware update is complete, the Remote ID function cannot be disabled, and DJI Fly v1.7.8 or later is required to fly the aircraft in the United States.
  • Other added features also require DJI Fly v1.7.8 or later.
  • If update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series),and retry.

Tagging @group-mini-3-pro

4 Likes

Wow an update that isn’t just bug fixes, feels like its been a while

2 Likes

No but the updates usually create the bugs :ant::scream:

1 Like

Haha, this is true. What I don’t get is what the shutter priority and iso priority is?

This might help

After the firmware update, shutter priority and ISO priority modes have been added. Under the shutter priority, users can now freely set the shutter speed, and the camera will automatically control the ISO according to the set exposure value. When ISO priority is used, the user can freely set the ISO, and the camera will automatically control the shutter speed according to the set exposure value, which can provide a more convenient shooting experience in low-light environments.

2 Likes

Ah ok one thing I have always wondered is how to get a background blur on images is it possible due to the fact that the mini 3 has a fixed aperture?

You’d have to do it in post, since most of the time with the distance to the subject with a drone you’re at the ‘infinate’ end of the focus range meaning you have a very deep (well technically infinate) depth of field. If you’re pretty close to the object, you will get some depth of field ‘background blur’ from the wide aperture lens.

Don’t forget to update all your batteries as it includes a battery firmware update

2 Likes

New firmware :+1: V 01.00.0450

No release notes :scream: other than this screenshot

• Added Support for propeller guards

• Fixed some known issues

3 Likes

Date: 2022.12.22

Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0450 ARB 4

DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.14.0400

DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.02.0200

DJI RC Pro Remote Controller Firmware: v03.01.1200

DJI Fly App: v1.9.0

What’s New?

• Added support for the propeller guard.
  • Fixed some known issues.

Notes:

• If update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series),and retry.

Tagging @group-mini-3-pro

5 Likes

Hopefully the prop guard compatibility doesn’t mean they’ve added some kind of gimped payload mode, or at least they still let you turn it off

Updated.
No obvious changes. This one at least doesn’t seem to reset any of your camera settings.

Don’t think its fixed the bug where none of the POI/Orbit or tracking modes work on Android 13 as i think its a Fly problem.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: DJI RC - Model RM330 (Mini 3 Pro) - Firmware updates

There’s a new firmware for mini 3 pro but no release notes in download centre.

3 Likes

Moved it here Mr @Kirky :wink:

2 Likes

Painful :scream: Dont worry i know what I am doing :joy: :joy:

Sausages :hotdog: I thought I’d seen a min 3 pro thread somewhere
Was close @ least I never put it in the photos thread :smiley:

1 Like