DJI Mini 3 Pro - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion, reviews

Clickbait :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Pimping his Mrs on the clickbait thumbnails ;o)

Downhill from there, guys !!

2 Likes

Its all about clicks ;o)

Estimated earnings $53 per video. Hourly rate: less than minimum wage. :joy:

1 Like

Hey, I have no secrets to hide and I can tell you what we make! :slight_smile: You have to play YouTube’s crappy algorithm game of uploading at least once or twice a week in order for them to promote your videos, be it recent or older vids.
It’s all about Watch Time Hours and the more hours watched per month, the more you make. Plus it’s about adverts; I disable advert breaks that interrupt a video as I think they’re pretty crap and it annoys the fck out of me if I’m watching. So that reduces ad revenue, but I reckon as it makes things nicer to watch, people will come back more.

Today’s (admittedly very rushed job) took around 3-4 hours to research and write notes, an hour to film, 3 hours to edit and one hour to upload. So that was 8-9 hours’ work. It may make me anywhere between £20-£50, BUT uploading makes YouTube suggest older vids as well, so collectively, the whole channel Watch Time Hours rating goes up. And that helps the average monthly earnings be around £400 - £600 each month, which is way below minimum wage for the hours worked, but fundamentally it’s a self-funding hobby that pays enough money to keep me buying each new drone that’s pumped out, plus other gadgets as and when, which I think is pretty cool! :rofl:

Right! To try and steer this back on to the Mini 3, here’s a quick summery video telling you nothing you don’t already know, but this video is meant for a far wider audience who have yet to discover this great club and forum.
I do point out pixel sizes though, which I doubt many others will… :wink:

15 Likes

No disrespect intended to you or for your videos Ian, but I do find the clickbait titled, churned out garbage that some YouTubers pump out, utter rubbish and done purely to up the clicks and revenue. For well researched and informative content, I have no issue with related earnings, whatever the amount.

1 Like

I imagine these optional batteries are heavier and would take the Mini 3 out of its weight category?

1 Like

Yes. I am hoping we can get both so you can choose depending on your location for flying. Although it makes it a bit daft to think of a policeman checking what size battery you’re using… :rofl:

1 Like

Remember the Mini 1 had two different batteries available?

It had a 2400mAh Li-Ion (weighing 100g) and a 1100 mAh Li-po (weighing just 50g). This was to enable the Mini 1 to weigh in at 199g total weight - for the Japanese market and their even tighter regs :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If it does have tracking I hope its better than the tracking on the Pocket 2 or the RSC2. Both of those are really frustrating, its hit and miss whether they follow you, or just aimlessly gaze in the opposite direction. Might track you… might not. Just depends.

2 Likes

Just some info on why no C Classification would be a good thing (as I’m still getting comments hoping it will be classified…)

4 Likes

Someone expressed the same view about why we should not desperately want a C0 drone just 18 days ago:

2 Likes
2 Likes

:scream:

Has someone just sh@t on a frog…?

I wonder if someone will produce a frog stick-on skin for it ? :frog:

:rofl:

I’ll call it from a pig to dog and say how ugly it is. Then I will say I can’t see the upgrade :person_shrugging:

But you all know I’ll get one :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Why not the 100-400 lens? Overkill? :rofl:

“I’d buy that for a dollar!” :grin:

3 Likes

No chance of @clinkadink finding that in a field after a speed test though.

1 Like