DJI Mini 3 Pro - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion, reviews

Been looking at the mini2 for a while- now thinking to wait until the mini 3 released, and then get the 2 at a better price!

Did the price of the Mini 1 drop when the 2 was launched @lurch003 ? :thinking:

In any case who in their right mind would have chosen a discounted Mini 1 instead of a Mini 2? Probably be the same with the Mini 2 vs the Mini 3.

Anyone on a budget.

The Mini 2 far out spec’d the Mini 1 in a lot of areas and a lot of 1 owners upgraded to the 2.

I’m guessing the Mini 3 will come with obstacle avoidance. But is that enough of a feature for existing Mini 2 owners to upgrade?

Personally, it’s not for me as I only ever fly out in the sticks and my nearest obstacle is probably a harvester at 2.5m altitude but I know a lot of people were disappointed when the M2 didn’t have it at launch (the Evo Nano has obs-avoidance btw!).

Anyone willing to jump from a 2 to a 3 just for obstacle avoidance?

3 Likes

It all depends what other features they choose to add, some sort of active track seems pretty likely plus potential enhancements to the components, better sensor, better link etc. It all depends on the price/feature difference but if I didn’t already have a Mini 2 right now then I’d either just get one and get on with enjoying it or save a few extra pennies and get all the shinies when the new one comes out.

1 Like

Um… Yes… No… Maybe… Things normally do when a new model comes out, though can’t remember if the mini was!

Mini 2 ticks all the boxes, if the upgrade is essentially just active track/obstacle avoidance or other stuff I won’t use it’s not worth the extra for me.

Time it right and you can get a decent price for your old Mini 2 towards the cost of a 3.

Depends on the price point, if they add £150 to the current cost of a 2 then I’d say it’s too expensive for an “entry level” camera drone.

Keep the price closer to that of a 2 and the 2nd value of the Mini & 2 will drop significantly, as will their retail prices and could see the Mini go out of production, replaced at it’s price point by the 2.

Not me…but 4K60 might :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My sources tell me that the Mini 3 will retail at £1900

Apparently nobody moaned at the Mavic 3 prices, so the new pricing model will be adopted on all future drones.

1 Like

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!! It’d have be something very special to warrant that !

oops, missed off the :joy: from my post :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Occusync 3 ?

1 Like

Is that HP and Heinz :joy:

1 Like

Always playing ketchup aren’t you! take the lead for once! :joy:

1 Like

Ditto. Activetrack is the only feature I want. I’d be happy to have it without obstacle avoidance too. So all depends on litchi I guess. But anyway if mini 3 does pack it and maybe some camera enchantments then yes. I’d probably get it. But at launch. Nooooooooo. Will happily wait for an Amazon deal of the day or something. You’ll never catch me paying RRP for anything.

I think what your looking for is called an Air 2S ;o)

3 Likes

Won’t the Mini2 get active track through Litchi when the SDK is finally released? :thinking:

To a fashion, but if its anything like that on the original Mini it’s very mobile device dependant on how well it works.

With no sensor data to play with it relies on clever software to try keep the subject, and it wasn’t that good even on the latest iPhone.

2 Likes

I assumed it would be much the same as DJI active track but that makes sense with not having the extra sensor information to work with :+1:t2: