DJI Mini 3 Pro - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion, reviews

One thing I will say for the Nano and Nano+ in the videos that I’ve seen, the dynamic range looks 10 times better than the Mini 2. The 12mp sensor on the Mini 2 make dark areas ‘very dark’ and light areas ‘very light’ … with very little mid-range. The Nano/Nano+ beats the Mini 2 hands down in this area.

Source: Captain Drone

4 Likes

If the images are genuine it’s a very bold design decision by DJI.

Looking at the arm configuration it appears that the rear arms simply swing out, while the front arms also swing out but the fronts props are in a pusher setup… This means the front props will also be below the pitch and roll axis of the camera gimbal.

The front arms also appear to be longer than the rear arms so the configuration would be an asymmetrical Dead Cat. There’s no reason why this wouldn’t work, the Parrot Anafi has a similar asymmetrical design, but the front props on the Anafi are pullers and above the mounting axis’s of the camera.

Come to think of it with the front arms unfolded it looks like the props will be a matter of a few millimetres above the ground when taking off and landing. So unless you intend to hand launch and catch you’ll need to carry around a billiard table as your landing mat.

I’m not saying there’s no truth to the leak, rather I’m surprised that DJI have gone with such a configuration for what will be an entry level drone.

1 Like

Unless they swivel like the rears on the Mini 2 :thinking:

Unlikely as the gimbal mounting assembly is right in front of the front arm pivot point.

If genuine it’s a bold step, if a fake then whomever fabricated the image didn’t put any thought into it.

DJI Mini 3 Drones - Wex Photo Video

DJI 3 Drones. Click, Call or Visit for The UK’s Widest Range of Photo and DJI Video Gear

Ad

https://www.wexphotovideo.com/dji_mavic_iii/camera_drones

Is the MINI in the title an intentional slip? as it links to the DJI Mavic 3???

1 Like

Hi Chris, I opened it and it went straight to the Mavic 3 :sunglasses: so I guess they’ve changed it realising it was a mistake ???

1 Like

1 Like

Link is dead now

1 Like

Imminent release​:checkered_flag:who knows, certainly not me, at least I screenshot what I saw rather than just “guess” which is what so many others are doing :call_me_hand:

Also of interest is the discount on the Air 2 maybe a new Air 3? Again who knows, we’ll all have to wait :flushed: :sunglasses:

:partying_face:

2 Likes

I’m gonna call it early…

People with a Mini 1 will/could/should upgrade to a Mini 3 (if they haven’t already upgraded to the Mini 2 of course).

People with a Mini 2 should not upgrade to a Mini 3 as the only advantage it’ll offer over the 2 is obstacle avoidance.

People who don’t own a <250g drone and were thinking of investing should go for the Mini 3, and the Mini 3 only.

The camera specs of the Mini 3 over the camera on the Mini 2 will be listed on DJI web site as “meh.”

The price will be £70 higher than the current Mini 2 flymore (ie. £529 becomes £599)

2 Likes

Oh, and people who are wise will buy an Autel Nano+ instead of any DJI Mini variant :rofl:

4 Likes

After watching this I’m tempted to agree

1 Like

Those inverted motors have been rumoured for a while. The rumour is getting stronger.

1 Like

Is there a benefit to inverted or is it purely just a design thing?

Perhaps it packages/folds smaller? :man_shrugging:

Hand catch is out!

3 Likes

That’s a :-1: for a start. :frowning_face:

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s new from DJI