DJI Mini 3 Pro - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion, reviews

My Mini 3 order has changed from To be shipped to Warehouse processing ! Should I get excited is it’s arrival imminent ?

1 Like

I think its more they’re eyeing the drone up to future C class rating for the first time.
That’s based on the maximum possible take off mass including accessories hence officially providing that battery would violate the classification rules.

Same reason they’re not selling the wide angle adaptor in Europe.

Personally no but i have seen a few bits of footage where someone was flying in a built up area where the police did ask what drone it was (and in one case googled it to find the weight).

Suspect the odds of getting questioned outside busy areas are near zero but if someone crowded they may check if bored.

I can’t see them getting a scales out to weigh though.

2 Likes

They had better be selling the wide angle adapter as I have already paid for mine with Clifton Cameras

how could/would a wide angle lens affect the C class rating?

1 Like

Takes the maximum takeoff mass over 250g.

1 Like

DJI Official have stated they aren’t.
Maybe Clifton are sourcing them off a 3rd party in the same way i guess people will with batteries.

I’ve got an order in with WEX for wide angle & ND filters both still showing as pre-ordered !

2 Likes

I very much doubt that the wide angle lens attachment will take it over the 249g, don’t you have to remove the from cover from the Mini 3 Pro camera before fitting the WA lens anyway?

The ND filters weigh in at 0,75 grms each whilst the wide angle lens is 2.3 grms :man_shrugging:

Its likely to be another year maybe two before the C class rating becomes mandatory - by that time we should be on the Mini 4 so I really don’t understand why DJI won’t sell the Wide Angle Lens and Plus Battery in UK/Europe :man_shrugging: The Mini 3 Pro is already a “Legacy” so will be exempt from C class requirements - provided its less than 250 grms.

2 Likes

If necessary quite willing to do A2 CofC I’m proper Johnny by the book !

1 Like

Has Dji actually said they are not selling any of these in this country or just not at the moment because they are concentrating on the drone and flymores that are ordered

if the mini 3 is 248g and the wide angle lens is 2.3g… well, is there anyway to shave off 0.4g and get that weight to 249.9g? :laughing:

That’s the reason I’m quite keen to see the Plus Battery sold in UK - I already have my A2CofC which would allow me to fly it virtually anywhere legally - except intentionally over people. :man_shrugging:
At 47 min “quoted” flight time, one Plus Battery together with the standard battery would do me and save me buying a fly more kit.

1 Like

Maybe that’s why they’re doing it? To boost flymore combo sales?

Trouble is - you can’t get them either :man_facepalming: :joy:

It’s been shipped ! It’ll be in my possession shortly TBH I’m a little aroused at the prospect. Shit that makes me sound really sad :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Same - id like the option of operating in A1 or A2 as and when required and would quite like to be treated as adult enough to make that decision myself!

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to give me some good Info…Will have to think again about what to do as the high nits screens are way too expensive for me at the moment… :smiley: :+1:

Thanks for taking the time to reply…It all helps… :+1:

1 Like