DJI Mini 3 Pro - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion, reviews

That is one fcking ugly drone… :rofl:

Yes, they officially stated on the DJI forum that they were not selling the plus battery in EU and UK so as ‘not to confuse the target market’ by pushing the weight over 250 gms; Geeksvana got that quote. They also have previous form for this practise: Where Do I Purchase the 4G LTE Dongle | DJI FORUM

Yet they are quite happy to confuse the Americans, who to be fair are not the brightest populous in the world. Go figure.

1 Like

But the US doesn’t have the numeric C ratings; their rules are simply based on weight without any specific classification; it’s that C0 classification DJI want for the UK and EU… In truth I’m surprised they can even do this. I would have thought the EASA intention of MTOM was all about how heavy the drone could be and still take off… The fact it can take off with prop guards, a heavier battery or even a GoPro shows it can take off heavier than 250 gms. Yet DJI are basing their MTOM specification based on withholding accessories from the market… I was going to say I’m surprised the CAA haven’t picked up on this, but then that would imply an understanding of the rules…

It’s amazing how much weight a drone can lift …

1 Like

Smashing vid :rofl:
But this is the reason they went down the MTOM route rather than just take off weight, because the idea was to restrict based on maximum possible weight. Which is why I’m smiling at how DJI are interpreting the rule, but I have to admit to being very happy about it :wink:

2 Likes

When i swapped from film to digital, around 2004 my first camera was a Canon 1D and later a couple of 1Ds. All of them were a fair weight to carry around.
I swapped to Fuji about 3 years ago. XT2 and an XT3. Much lighter, smaller even with battery grips, and to be honest a lot more fun to use. Reminds me of using my Canon A1 film camera back in the 80’s.

3 Likes

I seem to think that the Mini 3 is easier to fly than the Mini 2, maybe its down to the fact that its quieter but it also seems a bit smoother with its handling, the Mini 2 was always like an angry wasp. For the first time I did a hand take off and land with the 3 something I’ve never done before but it was surprisingly easy.

1 Like

How did you manage to catch yours by hand? I couldn’t get mine to stop flying off the moment my hand got near it!

First flight today that I got struck by connection issues on the RCN1, that fcc mod now seeming like a better idea. Was only ever for a second though before returning to full signal, and weirdly airdata reports 100% signal the full time so perhaps it was something local on my mobile or with DJI Fly

Drone to hand not hand to drone

1 Like

I’ve seen a few reviewers saying the Mini 3 is much quieter than the 2…has anyone tried the 3 props on the 2, or is the fitting incompatible ?

1 Like

Hold your hand out, keep the descend lever downwards otherwise the drone will think there is an obstruction and it was as easy as that.

Although holding the controller and the lever down can be an art in itself whilst concentrating on the drone and the location of your fingers and the props.

I was going to say, I had a try at this but there’s not much of the mini 3 to catch before you get into the props! I’ve got some cut proof gloves, which might be a good idea for practising

1 Like

Just hold your palm out flat and let the drone land on it. Keep your fingers out of the way :grimacing:

1 Like

Aldryn explains it best, they are mostly all the same

2 Likes

Just my quids worth, I do the pinch drone landing, never trusted meself with the landing on palm bit. Index finger and thumb with middle finger to land on, pinch as soon as the bottom of the drone touches my middle finger. You gotta be right underneath and consentrate like hell, but Ive not been bitten yet in around 200 flights. Catch my 2S like that as well. Maybe not for everyone,but it works for me. :grin::+1:

1 Like

Good evening, has anybody any info on when any fly more kits are arriving on these shores, whether via pre order dates or otherwise? The earliest I’ve seen date wise for pick up or delivery is Drones direct and that is the 8th June date wise. Just wondering if anyone’s got any sooner dates. I’ve kinda hedged me bets that Argos may get a shipment first, so never put any pre orders on anywhere, going away this weekend and could have we’ll done with some extra batteries :pensive:? And filters :pensive::pensive:.
Cheers.

Try the Clifton cameras pre list, I did on a Friday and received it on the following Tuesday

1 Like