DJI Mini 3 Pro - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion, reviews

You don’t need Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to fly. The RC automatically disables them both but most folk leave the phone tethered while they do preflight checks and the maps of you locality will download and after that Wi-Fi and BT are not really required. Home point is stored in the drone.

Edit: I’m assuming you are using the DJI RC

Most drones use the GPS receiver in the drone to store the coordinates that you take off from. These are kept in the drones memory during the flight.

This allows you to turn off your controller and phone, and the drone can still RTH.

Ideal for when you lose connection for some other random reason too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @wpbooth and @PingSpike
Your explanations make perfect sense and I feel a lot more comfortable now.
Rob

2 Likes

Reason according to Rick from drone valley is that it goes into low power mode and turning off WiFi and Bluetooth helps with less stress and overheat sensor.

Found the sideways toggle :love_you_gesture: I had obstacle avoidance actions in brake mode which does not show option, it has to be bypass to see the disable sideways flight toggle. :+1:

1 Like

:point_up_2::+1:
Cheers @ziceman

I think this may be the first time ever the actual performance matches the spec. I am still clutching my pearls…

3 Likes

Loaded update to controller will try today. It is my understanding the compass error only affects the RC Pro Tx. Those using the RcN1 and smartphone are OK.

Not too sure the RC Pro works with the Mini 3 Pro as yet, do you mean the RC Controller, very confusing by DJI?

They never referred to it as ‘pro’ the YouTubers jumping the gun from the early releases presumed thats what it was.

I remember hearing a good few times what a bargain at £900 it was as the ‘pro’ controller alone is £700 !!!

1 Like

Referring to the controller supplied with the mini 3 Pro with built in screen… The compass now works very accurately. Also noticed the camera when angled fully down for landing flips up just before touch down, like the mini 2. Sure it wasn’t before. Technical replied to my email and added that in the update the transmission signal has been “enhanced” again and the vignette thing in photos corrected. Don’t think they were mentioned in release notes?

1 Like

We’ll let you know if ever DJI bother to update their own website :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

This is what I was emailed… I only ever read the notes on the app update before deciding!
DJI Technical Support.

As per checking on the DJI Mini 3 Pro release notes, the latest firmware version update/release below, the fixed issues are stated as follows. We are so sorry for the inconvenience, the compass issue was not mentioned. However, the anti-interference ability and the transmission distance of the image transmission system has been optimized in this update.

Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0201
DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.14.0221
DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.01.0000
DJI Fly App iOS: v1.6.8
DJI Fly App Android: v1.6.8

FIXED ISSUES:
 Fixed issue: the videos recorded in some scenarios in D-Cinelike flickered.
 Fixed issue: when selecting intelligent flight modes in portrait mode, a false prompt appeared on the DJI RC remote controller or an Android device.
 Optimized the vignetting effect

1 Like

Are you not running 1.6.9?

I am using 1.6.9

Oh ok it’s just that DJI hasn’t updated their notes then

Those are the release notes for v01.00.0201, yesterdays release was v01.00.0300.

1 Like

I just had a chance to use them on my vacation. I haven’t checked the footage yet, but in the preview, they look neutral (no colour casting) which is what they are supposed to be. They are easy to fit and attach firmly so there is no danger that they’d fall off. Only ‘negative’ I have found so far is that the case is too low to close when you place the original filter frame in it so you either have to keep the original separate or leave the filter case sligthly open.

Once I have time to go through the footage, I’ll let you know if I spot any issues.

Just got my plus pack - currently charging - a week charger doesn’t even charge.

Thankfully I have my A2 CofC - maybe the first real time that I will use it!!

I got one of these and it is superb. I wish I got one ages ago as it makes charging my phone quicker too…

Anker USB C Plug, 735 Charger (Nano II 65W), PPS 3-Port Fast Compact USB C Charger

PS I hope I am allowed to make a recommendation… if not sorry!

Recommendations always welcome, also this thread is very useful for new and exciting ways to part with your money

1 Like