DJI Mobile SDK - Litchi Beta Support

I looked again on twitter but I may as well have asked my neighbours cat if they had a link to it.

I’m still sure I read it somewhere (again, Mini 1 I’m talking about here, despite this thread title :grimacing: )

1 Like

I’m inclined to think it must be the SDK because I can’t think of a hardware limitation that would allow joystick commands but not other methods of flying waypoints.

Joystick commands are how it flys normally so no extra hardware power needed.

The ability to fly autonomous on pre loaded commands is where it probably lacks, I’m only guessing.

The thing is doesn’t. It maybe as stated before something they hold back for the Pro models, will be interesting to see if its added to the MA2 when the SDK comes along

I didn’t say otherwise. And it flies normally with instantaneous joystick commands not with a cached list which are two very different things and which obviously could require additional hardware.

“a sequence of joystick inputs” is very much “Preloaded commands”.

Dronelink sends the commands one by one as if you were flying it. They are only cached in the app.

2 Likes

Ah, thanks, understood :slight_smile:

OK…
I um, er, hmmm…could use a little help here.
Just browsing to see if it’s likely the Mini 2 will get active tracking one way or another which I thought was simple enough to search for.
Now you gone and bamboozled me with all this SDK & APK stuff.

Anyone ?

SDK

Software development kit.

When DJI release this to the developers (Litchi) then they will build a release.

I expect it will be summer

Thank you Chris.

I cant see why the Mini 2 would not be able to fly waypoints

It already can fly autonomously, as it has the quick shots and return to home

I built a drone using an STM32 that is only 32bit, 72Mhz with no EEPROM and that could fly waypoints and return to home, most of the time! :upside_down_face:

It just needs to know its position and direction!!

Because DJI want you to spend more pennies on the ‘higher spec’ stuff

Totally agree, I was actually replying to this :point_down:

But now I have just realised Doh @PingSpike is talking about the Mini 1 :roll_eyes: I must pay more attention :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Just a ‘heads up’ that support is estimated coming for the Mini 2 in September 2021 with the MSDK 5.0 release. :smiley:

1 Like

is it so the likes of litchi app could be used on the mini 2? stuff like tthat? as i have no idea what thats for haah ( noob)

Yes, that’s the idea.

3 Likes

ahh cool i know alot tof people aree wanting to use 3rd party apps to help make stuff haaha!

So - we now know that the Mini 3 will be announced/released in September! … possibly.

What a ridiculous delay in getting this out. They seem to be getting later and later with each model.

3 Likes

:thinking:

Chip shortage perhaps

Mini 2se due soon so will there be a Mini3 as well?

Over here @KevLincoln - DJI Mini 3 - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion