DJI Mobile SDK - Litchi Beta Support

DJI have released a new SDK today.

Alas, zero support added for the Mini 2 :confused:

This has now been announced as available on 31st December 2021 … :disappointed:

Sadly DJI often post dates like this, they rarely happen :confused:

The irony is they use their own SDK in their own software, on their own hardware, before the drone is even available to purchase.

It’s not like they have to build something from scratch :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Anticipate the announcement of the Mini3 on 30th Dec. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Firstly I did search and my question was posed and answered a year ago. Does anyone know if the MM2 now runs on the Litchi app? Also I believe the crystalsky will run same app if purchased and downloaded from the likes of Amazon, anybody tried that? My theory is if MM2 will now run Litchi it may be possible the use crystalsky and forget a useless mobile phone screen…

A year later, the answer is still the same, DJI have not yet released the SDK for the Mini 2.

Still no planned date either :confused:

Yes, several threads about that too. The CrystalSky runs Litchi just fine :slight_smile:

I am pretty sure I read something the other day regarding DJI releasing the SDK for the Mini 2 and Air 2S in December, will try to find the info

1 Like

Just seen a newspaper article regarding Dji releasing SDK files for developers and the like, including technical support. Not really sure what that all means but it’s good right?

1 Like

The SDK (software developers kit) is needed by litchi etc so they can develop their software.

‘Promised’ early in new year

:+1: I hope so, if the MM2 can run on crystalsky then I will be ordering one.

The 4.16 release is confirmed for 31 Dec 2021, 4 weeks on Friday :wink:

Mobile SDK, Estimated Release Time: 2021-12-31
Version: 4.16 Android Version(iOS:To be determined))

New Features (confirmed)

• Added support for DJI Mini SE
  • Added support for DJI Mini 2
  • Added support for DJI Air 2S
  • Added support for High-Res Grid photo to Matrice 300 RTK
  • Added support for Smart Track to Matrice 300 RTK

https://developer.dji.com/user/roadmap/#msdk

This finally mean Mini 2 and Air2S users can use Litchi. I know I’ve been waiting for this, I guess Steve @Mavic2Pro and @McSteamy2010 have too.

3 Likes

Doesn’t this mean that, at last, Litchi can initiate the integration of those models?

2 Likes

Yes, as this is what Litchi have stated as the reason for the delay on their website

Litchi is not yet compatible with: Mini 2, Mini SE, Air 2S, Mavic 3. We will add support for these drones as soon as DJI adds support for them in the DJI SDK.

2 Likes

What I was meaning was that it’s use won’t be possible instantaneously … some might have read it that way.

Though, Litchi have never been slow to add new models, and they’ll have a significant sales spike as soon as they do … so we might see the new version of Litchi before we get confirmation of the SDK release. :laughing:

1 Like

I’ll let all know when a beta is released for Litchi :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for the info Chris. A date to look forward to.

3 Likes

Wondered if anyone out there is using the current litchi version with a crystal sky and the original Mavic Mini? I ask as it looks like the MM2 may soon be supported and it is my plan to possibly use litchi on crystal sky (5 inch) with MM2 and I hope, possible to connect via HDMI to white version goggles. Pipe dream or a possibility?

I think you asked this question six weeks ago so I’ve moved your post to the existing thread.

The answer is still the same :grimacing:

1 Like

Please delete my post. I am an idiot and will sit in the corner with a silly hat.