DJI Refresh - Is it worth it (Poll)

• I bought DJI Care Refresh - Well worth it
  • I bought DJI Care Refresh - Total waste of money
  • I bought DJI Care Refresh - All my problems occurred after it expired
  • I didn’t bother with DJI Care Refresh - No regrets
  • I didn’t bother with DJI Care Refresh - Wish I had

0 voters

Hi All,
I’m struggling to decide… should I or should I not buy DJI Care Refresh for my Mavic 2 Pro? Is DJI Refresh worth it?

DJI Care Refresh expires after 1 year leaving you with no warrantee and no Refresh. No extension. DJI abandonment or pay up!

If something part of the quad develops a glitch and causes a crash, it’s a warrantee issue as long as you can obtain the flight logs to prove it. Either way if you can’t get your Mavic back following a crash, then no warrantee of Refresh anyway.

So far, I’ve only had to return my Mavic due to gimbal issues, however that was covered under warrantee.

I have in 2 years not seriously crashed my MP. I once strimmed a tree while doing a pan shot however no damage was done. I was just out of warrantee anyway so not covered anyway.

It this extra cost worth it? Do you have refresh? What do you do after the 1st year is up?

J

1 Like

I missed mine when I bought my Mavic 2, now though I’m thinking it’s not worth it.
The second hand market has some very good bargains, I saw a fly more combo for £800 with only one flight, that to me represents either a backup or all the spares you’d need if you can swap parts yourself. :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Well - yes - but not necessarily the end of the line …

DJI Care Refresh … Refreshed!

… but then there’s no guarantee that will be repeated, let alone when you need it.

(Since it’s never interested me, I may be wrong, but I thought there was an option to extend at the end of the year? That could be just me remembering something totally incorrectly.)

In my experience with the MP, parts have been available from China on eBay at sensible prices that I’m prepared to fiddle and fit. (Ribbon cable that I broke being over inquisitive / video cable that I broke replacing the ribbon cable that I broke being over inquisitive / etc.)

I purchased it when I bought the Mavic 2. its the first new drone ive bought. Not had to use it yet either but TBH there are cheaper alternatives out there.

Maybe another option needed

I’ve just bought the Mavic 2 pro at the weekend. As it’s my first drone I’ve opted to take the Refresh option.

Only for peace of mind of a novice. Time will tell if it’s worth the cost, but after forking out for the drone and fly more combo I thought I might as well at least for the first year while I get to grips with this (expensive) but amazing device. (I feel the need to give it a name! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

1 Like

Bought it with my Mavic Air 5 months ago, and thankfully not had to use it. I have only had one close shave with my drone. This was over water and so, if I hadn’t recovered the drone, I couldn’t use it.

Not sure if I will take up the new offer to renew ( I think that is now a recent option) but will look first at other insurance options that include total loss.

1 Like

Hi Steven / @sunstone , and welcome to GADC.

Part of an ever increasing number of M2P owners on the forum! :+1:
Some of those owners have an immense amount of experience, so don’t be afraid of asking any questions over on #questions-and-answers where I’m certain there’ll be plenty of helpful info forthcoming.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members. This is a relatively new feature so not everyone is on there as yet, but I’m sure there are other members in your neck of the woods that will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map : Members’ Location Map - A Guide)

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown that might be of assistance.:

Brilliant thanks for that info!

Very much a newbie having just picked up my first drone at the weekend so very much looking forward engaging with you all here.

PS Can I heck as like find the Location section for adding my location. Im obviously blind as a bat! Any ideas?

Cheers

Steve

Oooops, Found it :))

2 Likes