DJI Smart Controller - Firmware updates

Ah, that’ll be why then @SteveB :slight_smile:

The Mini 2 firmware also needs to be updated to support the Smart Controller.

A Mini 2 firmware update was released this morning, details here: DJI Mini 2 firmware updates - #25 by PingSpike

Yes just done it and connected straight away.

Just going out for a quick test…:smiley:

Back from a quick spin around the “estate” confirmed everything basic works fine… :fireworks:

Excellent news!

I’ve just ordered a smart controller :grimacing:

1 Like

They are great excellent brightness on the screen OK in full sunlight controls are very good.

1 Like

When you update the Firmware just make sure you do the Mini 2 first before you try to connect the controller otherwise it will not link.

When you boot up the controller you add the Mini in the settings screen on the controller.

On boot up when the first screen comes up hit the sqares in at the bottom right of the screen. Go to Settings , Aircraft Management ,and add from there.

The link proceedure on the Mini is to hold the power button down for at least 4 seconds till it beeps and all 4 lights flash.

When it is pared you are then given the option to bind the aircraft and the controller for the DJI fly away insurance.

Then just go Fly…

1 Like

The Smart Controller even fits nicely into the Flymore Bag

1 Like

At last I can use my smart controller on all three drones.

Yep I can also confirm this works.

The update on the SC hangs on 16% for a few minutes. Just leave it and let it do it’s stuff.

Sound SC on M2P M2Z MA2 and now M2.

Just had the M2 flying and connected the old white DJI goggles to the SC via HDMI. Wahay. It works.

3 Likes

At last :clap: :clap: :clap: No more messing about with phone/controller. Been waiting patiently on this since I got my Mini2 :+1:

1 Like

Just seen on Tech drone media that Henrik is reporting weak signal and lagging video but hopefully dji will sort that soon

Worked ok on mine the other night
Out to a mile and no breakup or loss of signal

1 Like

With which drone(s) @scottydog @speatuk ?

He was using the mini 2 on tech drone media . Just seen Ian has posted a quick video about the update

1 Like

After finaly being able to use my SC with my Mini2 I turned my thoughts to being able to mirror my screen to the phone and tablet. Looked it up on Mr Google and watched about 7 Youtube videos on how to install Google Play on the SC. None of the ones I watched was either easy or worked so I have given up on that for the time being…

However :grinning:I have solved to problem and everthing now works.

Before I go on, I disclaim all responsibilty if this bricks your SC or anything else…

For the last couple of years I have has a Firestick to turn my dumb old TV into a smart TV and I have sideloaded many aps on it to be able to use my VPN and watch IPTV to name a few so It tried the same way to do that with the SC and it worked first time.

Go into the lightning browser on tthe apps screen and in the serch bar type in https://en.aptoide.com and hit the download button.

This will download the apk straight to the SC. From the downloads click the installer and run the program installer.

When it installs, run the program from the apps page on the SC.

In the Aptoide search bar look for ApowerMirror download this and install on the SC and also on your phone and /or tablet.

Just run Apowermirror 1st on the SC then on the phone and on the SC push share your screen. It will look fr other devices on your network running the same prgram, clicjk the device and it will share your screen. BINGO

It work on your internal wifi and should work if you turn you phone/tablet into a wifi hotspot but I have not tried that yet.

Today I was out with my walking group so I thought I would get some photos took my DJI mini 2 and smart controller with me after updating it was flying for about 4 minutes when smart controller just shut down before it shut down it was taken a long time to take a photos about 20 seconds very laggy after powering up it was ok I put it away did not want it to do it again does anybody got any ideas what it could have been

That’s a bit weird @Fatboy
I have flown mine out to about a mile to check the distance. I have done video. Photos panos etc and it has handled it all.

What do mean by it just shutdown?

Do you mean the app crashed or the SC turned off?

How was the battery?
How long is it since your last use of the SC?

I flew mine about 2 batteries worth yesterday and everything worked well.

SC battery was on 99% the SC just shutdown never had a problem before was flying mavic zoom last week SC had no problem at all used 2 batteries.

1 Like

You might try a system reset after backing up your videos etc.