DJI Smart Controller - one issue for me

Love my smart controller,and glad i bought it,only issue i have at the moment,while flying,i keep caching the menu button,and all of a sudden i am on the go fly screen! easy to get back,just got to get used to keeping away from the button whilst flying…:+1::+1:

1 Like

If that’s the only thing you can fault mate, I’m impressed!

What’s the battery life like?

1 Like

Seems bloody good mate,flew 4 batteries,and still the the thing was alive!!!:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Erm, I’ve done quite a few flights since getting mine, still loving it but where the heck is the menu button?? :rofl:

1 Like

The back button,located right next to the left stick,to the left ,for some reason i keep accidentally pressing it,so sounds like it is just me!!!:grinning::grinning:

Aah ha! Got ya. Lol. It could be me not trying hard enough! :wink:

2 Likes

Is it really worth the £500? I’ve only just got my drone, so shelling another £500 on top of the £1200 I’ve spent seems impossible at the moment, but would like to know if it is worth it.

1 Like

I personally think its worth it. Its added positive value to my experience overall and simplified my ability to get into the air.

Only gripe is Litchi for me but im sure that’ll arrive at some point.

1 Like

Can you not just install the Amazon App Store, then get Litch from them?

It’s how I did it on my CrystalSky, guessing it’s the same on your screen?

1 Like

Or even just download the .apk and install it … I’d have thought.

I have the .apk for quite a few versions - including the latest.

1 Like

The Android Litchi APK requires Google Play Services, hence needing to go this route Dave :+1:t2:

1 Like

And, if you install Google Play Services from .apk?

1 Like

Currently Litchi installs just fine, via Amazon but it doesnt connect to the drone. It simply doesnt see it. Apparently Litchi are waiting on DJI to release an SDK for Smart controller ?!!

Bit of bummer and I honestly didnt think it’d be an issue as its Android allbeit a stripped down version.

1 Like

I think it might be a moot point for me, as i don’t think me Pro Platinum is compatible with the Smart Controller?
Also, whats Litchi please?

Correct.

An app that does the same as Go4 … but also brilliant for waypoint missions. Set the waypoints, set the POIs (points of interest), set the path and speed - and off it goes to film it all … very smoothly … or take pics … and a load more.

eg: Litchi mission - Felixstowe

… or this one that also has a screenshot of the setup in the app as well as the resulting video …

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like