Do i sell or keep

I could not agree more Brian !, one should also ask the question whether the charges they impose are legal.
I personally would be more than happy to pay any charge, providing the recipient is VAT registered, and I get a receipt.
Bet there’s not many around who comply to that one !.
I recall asking the Officials of Arundell Castle I flew at last year, if I could fly around the outside of the Castle Walls.
A very stern “Not under any circumstances” was the reply.
Walked 100 yards to the public road, took off, stayed over the road during my flight, and got the shots I wanted.
I also agree that it is becoming popular for venues to impose Drone Bans just because “Joe Bloggs” has down the road, but, once again, are the bans legal?.
To be fair ,we could talk all day about the subject, but, we cannot change “joe publics” perspective of us.

But also in the height of season a campsite could be classed as a congested area so your not allowed to fly within 150m. Not laying down the law just a thought.

2 Likes

Funny that?, a very good friend of mine owns “Cobbleacre Lakes” here in Norfolk, which is chiefly a Fishing Lakes Complex, but, Trevor and his Son Andrew have spread to include Campers and Caravans (both static and Touring).
I am not sure of his Policy on drones (or even if he has one) , but, he would be “shitting on his own patch” (so to speak) when one of his Grandson’s regularly fly’s his Dad’s Phantom around the complex, when you consider his dad is a co-owner of the site !.

What is the definition of a congested area tho? A housing estate or town, or even a public park, but …
The definition of congested the people would have to be packed together (such as at Glastonbury or a concert for example).
It depends as usual on individual circumstances. A small campsite would be no problem, but say for example a large complex such as Haven or Butlins would be a no no.

2 Likes

996, 997, 998? shit?, how many was that?
I better count again ! :rofl:

3 Likes

Apologies, I meant to say a crowd of a thousand or more.

2 Likes

Cromer beach
https://youtu.be/QqgDnt0Fli4

3 Likes

Amazing Frank. Very professional. Thanks for sharing.
I’ve spent many happy family holidays at Cromer and the Norfolk area in general. It is my favourite place of our lovely country.

Thanks Brian :+1:

Fabulous :+1:

Lovely area Brian, we have been to Yarmouth a few times but our first time for Kelling Heath, lovely campsite apart from the drone ban on site. I have just started using Lumafusion for editing and so far very impressed with it, even made the Mavic title image with Lumafusion. Does a better job than Premiere Pro at handling 4K footage. Thanks again for your comment Brian appreciate it cheers :+1:

Thank you mate :+1:

We used to stay at Scratby Hall Country Park campsite. It’s only small and very basic. Lovely area for walking the countryside. Toured the area and the old US WW11 air bases. Framingham has a lovely castle and a fantastic church with 13th & 14th century tombs.

1 Like