Dog SAR - First for me

Well, chalked up a first ( for me anyway)
A local girl had lost her dog yesterday and I offered to bring my drone to any location the dog had been spotted in. Spent an hour yesterday to no avail. Another half hour this morning at a location the dog had been seen in an hour earlier, nothing… about an hour later, got a message saying it had been spotted a few minutes earlier. Arrived there and spent the best part of an hour before she was spotted. Managed to track the dog for 1/4 hr, before my final battery ran low. Good news though, the dog is now home safe and sound. Managed to get a short video of the first moment she was almost caught. So near and yet so far.

8 Likes

Have you thought about becoming a volunteer pilot for Drones Search and Rescue For Dogs? You vcan find the group on Facebook.

And here :+1:

Good on you mate👍 Proper nice thing to do that.

1 Like

Hi JockyB
Fantastic video and well done on getting this sighting of the dog. Sadly the young lady made the mistake of not using a slip lead had she done this the dog would have been secured. The second mistake she made was going off after the dog this only resulted in the dog running further afield, had she just sat on the ground the dog would have stayed in place and with some tasty treats the dog could have been coaxed back towards her, if you are interested in becoming a volunteer with Drone SAR For Lost Dogs UK, Please find us on FaceBook and join the group. Many thanks

1 Like

Brilliant, by us we had a dog go missing and I was up in the air a lot looking for the drone. In the end it was found but only after a few days. The dog was a timid dog but it was so nice it was returned.